SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Nah, like waste all of your goals in one game, we’ll take it. You might not understand this sentiment as a fan base that has never suffered before lol

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Vegas the much more mature and fundamentally sound team. I know there's been a ton of turnover since then but all the OG VGK still on the team have been excellent in these playoffs. Can't help but wonder how much that experience of losing in a final before is helping the core keep focus.

Lots of history before of teams who got far and needed to lose before winning.

Yeah, definitely. I normally root against Vegas as a Kings fan. Vegas of old honestly used to play similarly to this Florida team with all the antics, endless complaining, and just stupid shit. They were so easy to root against. But they've thankfully jettisoned a lot of those the guys, such as the hothead coach (Gallant) or stupid players like Perron, Reaves, etc. The guys that they kept have mostly matured out of it, too, or it's been coached out of them. Marchy is a good example of it.

I feel conflicted rooting for Vegas. But I'd love to see Martinez and Quick (even as a passenger) win their 3rd Cups, along with Eichel with all the bullshit he's gone through. And there's no chance in hell I'd root for this Florida team. They have like 8 guys that are nearly impossible to root for.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I said sweep after one and everyone called me crazy.

Well it's a sweep.

Vegas is dominating the Panthers in every area and they are literally laughing while the Panthers are crying.

They've managed to make the Cats look like little f***ing p***yes. Well done.

Congrats on the Cup in your *chokes back puke* 5th season. Dale Tallon should be on the ice after game 4 to celebrate.
Sixth season, not that it changes the thrust of your point.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
i appreciate the humility. but the only thing left to do is read the last rites for florida

this is 1996 all over again. we just dont have it.
Idk man. I think Florida played the right way the first fifteen of game 1. Vegas has thrown them off their game, no question about that, but...i mean I'm not gonna sit there and hope Florida gets even one win, but I'm not discounting that it will be a different series on Florida ice.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
The soft leafs hockey has rubbed off on Craig Simpson. All he did the entire third period is cry about the panthers starting scrums dows 4-5 goals. I'd be more concerned if they took the loss well and didn't offer any type of physical push back, Its the cup final man.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Panthers are due for some calls their way and breaks.

Certainly you have to think they will get calls headed on home ice.

Panthers are a good home team
Vegas is a great road team, the system Cassidy installed travels very well. Still could lose both games but if be shocked if they laid an egg in either.

Reactions: Devonator

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I was a kid in 1970 when the Canucks entered the league. I've paid my dues as a fan. Can't say the same for Vegas fans. I don't blame them for anything.. They just haven't.
That $500 million buy in paid many years worth of those dues for all of them.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Idk man. I think Florida played the right way the first fifteen of game 1. Vegas has thrown them off their game, no question about that, but...i mean I'm not gonna sit there and hope Florida gets even one win, but I'm not discounting that it will be a different series on Florida ice.
florida was such a good road team these playoffs, and they got smacked around in both road games.

vegas however has been great on the road. and theyre in the heads of the panthers players so bad right now.

maybe florida wins one but i imagine vegas will finish this off by game 5

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
florida was such a good road team these playoffs, and they got smacked around in both road games.

vegas however has been great on the road. and theyre in the heads of the panthers players so bad right now.

maybe florida wins one but i imagine vegas will finish this off by game 5
Well. Regardless of how it goes, I was there for Vegas getting reverse swept in 2018 so I know how miserable losses in the Final can feel. I hope you're able to find some enjoyment before all's said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad