SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

bettman_phone.jpg

"Get every ref to report to Area 51 NOW!"

18x4i327m84fwjpg.jpg

1297361782002_original.jpg

"I've called you all here today to Conspiracy Central, to discuss our ongoing pro Vegas operations."

garybettman.jpg

"As you know, we ceased abducting visiting teams and Injecting them with "Vegas Flu" after the families became suspicious"

NHL-Commissioner-Gary-Bettman-NHL-Draft.jpg

"But as you all are aware Operation: Refs Blow was a monumental success. By only ever making calls in Vegas's favor we guaranteed them a Cup Finals appearance."

0205BETTMAN-scaled-e1644023884139.jpg

"And lets not forget, LTIRapalooza"

images

"But fans of the other teams are noticing, so I will now hand it over to Charlie who will run through this years plan"

"Thank you Gary, as you can see here the plan to help Vegas this year is to not help them, Coaches Challenges? Failed! Penalties? Call lots against them, 8 is a nice number. If another team takes a blatant penalty, you didn't see it. But make a weak call against them with 2 periods left to play, that's how we'll get them through"

images

"Question. doesn't Vegas's Powerplay really really suck?"

Charlie-DAY.jpg

"No, that's genius of it. it is acutally better than Edmontons, it just pretends to be terribly inept to throw everyone off guard. I mean you'd never hear of a team ever scoring shorthanded against Vegas powerplay."

Bill-Money-Gif.jpg

"Oh Gary! I'm glad I caught you. You forgot your laundry"

Gary-Gift.jpg

"Thank you Bill, You also forgot your laundry"

web1_2016-0330-5504_6607900.jpg

"To Evil"
"To Evil Indeed Bill"

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Just caught up with the highlights. What an insane save by Hill, that's a SOTY candidate. Stone looked like he had himself a game too based on the 9 minutes I watched.

Bobrovsky for the first time in 11 games let in more than 3 goals.. that was game 6 against Boston, and he only let in 3 goals twice since that game, until now.

As I said in another thread, Vegas offense appears to have gotten hot at the right time and has made goaltenders that had really good year this season look pretty bad in Helleybuyck, Skinner and Oettinger. I'm hoping it was just a coincidence since Skinner and Oettinger weren't exavtly great in their previous series, but I get the feeling it's not the case..

Either way, hoping the Panthers can pull through in game 2. Looks like we had a lot of great chances in game 1 ourselves, just either unlucky or couldn't finish.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Florida had too many turnovers last game, very sloppy, Vegas made them pay. Clean up their game and contain Vegas with their relentless forechecking and should be able to tie this up. I think the extra rest hurt them in Game 1.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Bruce Cassidy, 2019: faced with the Blues at times questionable physical and post whistle tactics

Bruce Cassidy, 2023: different opponent same issue, but worse.

It’s part of playoff hockey, some here call it “identity” and it’s clear that the Panthers identity is more than agitate.

I think he’s got the squad to deal with it and (a) winning game 1 plus (b) coming out on the right end of the scrums may prove huge going forward.

I think the Panthers have the ability to flip the switch and alter their aggressiveness a bit if the tactics aren’t working but let’s see what they do in G2 and how the refs handle.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Just caught up with the highlights. What an insane save by Hill, that's a SOTY candidate. Stone looked like he had himself a game too based on the 9 minutes I watched.

Bobrovsky for the first time in 11 games let in more than 3 goals.. that was game 6 against Boston, and he only let in 3 goals twice since that game, until now.

As I said in another thread, Vegas offense appears to have gotten hot at the right time and has made goaltenders that had really good year this season look pretty bad in Helleybuyck, Skinner and Oettinger. I'm hoping it was just a coincidence since Skinner and Oettinger weren't exavtly great in their previous series, but I get the feeling it's not the case..

Either way, hoping the Panthers can pull through in game 2. Looks like we had a lot of great chances in game 1 ourselves, just either unlucky or couldn't finish.

Point shots and shooting at a brobovosky that can't see. Worked well game 1

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

bettman_phone.jpg

18x4i327m84fwjpg.jpg

"I've called you all here today to Conspiracy Central, to discuss our ongoing pro Vegas operations."

garybettman.jpg

"As you know, we ceased abducting visiting teams and Injecting them with "Vegas Flu" after the families became suspicious"

"But as you all are aware Operation: Refs Blow was a monumental success. By only ever making calls in Vegas's favor we guaranteed them a Cup Finals appearance."

images

"But fans of the other teams are noticing, so I will now hand it over to Charlie who will run through this years plan"

"Thank you Gary, as you can see here the plan to help Vegas this year is to not help them, Coaches Challenges? Failed! Penalties? Call lots against them, 8 is a nice number. If another team takes a blatant penalty, you didn't see it. But make a weak call against them with 2 periods left to play, that's how we'll get them through"

images

Charlie-DAY.jpg

"No, that's genius of it. it is acutally better than Edmontons, it just pretends to be terribly inept to throw everyone off guard. I mean you'd never hear of a team ever scoring shorthanded against Vegas powerplay."

Bill-Money-Gif.jpg

Gary-Gift.jpg

"To Evil"
"To Evil Indeed Bill"
You knocked this one right out of the park.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

bettman_phone.jpg

18x4i327m84fwjpg.jpg

garybettman.jpg

images

images

Charlie-DAY.jpg

Bill-Money-Gif.jpg

Gary-Gift.jpg

"To Evil"
"To Evil Indeed Bill"

He's definitely using a burner phone so this checks out.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Awwww, I’m sure not a single Vegas fan thought that ref was the MVP for San Jose a couple of years back right lol
Imagine comparing last Saturday to a call that was so bad the NHL changed the rules the first chance they got.

Edit: also most Vegas fans I've talked to about it recognized that the VGK blew it when they lost their composure on that penalty kill and let San Jose dominate once the emotions over that call settled down. It can still be true that Vegas should have never been in that position in the first place, but Saturday was an example of the refs sucking for both sides. Penalties were dead even until Bennett and Thachuk lost it.

I'm not even ridiculing Panthers fans for being upset about the reffing though. But all the comments about the game being rigged for Vegas and "Vegas Golden Refs" like it's still 2018 are risible.

Last edited:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Never said the game is rigged for Vegas, that’s stupid and I don’t think a single Panthers fan has said that or feels that way. Nor do I think any serious poster fan of any team feels that way.

That’s your personal opinion that that particular call for San Jose was “so bad” and “levels above” say how Cousins was literally squished boarded by 2 guys and there was no call. See, that’s my point. We all complaint about the refs because NHL refs are simply bad all around for every team. I even admitted to this in last GDT where I said at least one penalty against VGK was weak af. Not to mention I think that “interference” call against us which lead to a pp goal if I’m not mistaken was also weak.

Point is, chirping fans complaining about Wes McCauley ain’t that funny when I’m sure y’all were foaming at the mouth back in that SJ series regardless wether y’all were
level headed in accepting VGK still should’ve done better. Because I’ve also seen that from Panthers fans, saying we could’ve done better and given full credit to VGK. I don’t think I’ve seen a single Panthers fan say we lost because of the refs and Vegas didn’t deserve that win.

Reactions: Summer Rose

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Never said the game is rigged for Vegas, that’s stupid and I don’t think a single Panthers fan has said that or feels that way. Nor do I think any serious poster fan of any team feels that way.

That’s your personal opinion that that particular call for San Jose was “so bad” and “levels above” say how Cousins was literally squished boarded by 2 guys and there was no call. See, that’s my point. We all complaint about the refs because NHL refs are simply bad all around for every team. I even admitted to this in last GDT where I said at least one penalty against VGK was weak af. Not to mention I think that “interference” call against us which lead to a pp goal if I’m not mistaken was also weak.

Point is, chirping fans complaining about Wes McCauley ain’t that funny when I’m sure y’all were foaming at the mouth back in that SJ series regardless wether y’all were
level headed in accepting VGK still should’ve done better. Because I’ve also seen that from Panthers fans, saying we could’ve done better and given full credit to VGK. I don’t think I’ve seen a single Panthers fan say we lost because of the refs and Vegas didn’t deserve that win.
That wasn't the vibe I got from the Game 1 discussion on multiple platforms but at the end of the day, I was making a joke.

It wasn't about you individually, it wasn't about Panthers fans as a whole. I'm poking fun at a select few who made ridiculous comments the last go around and again it wasn't just Panthers fans and it wasn't just on this site.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
That wasn't the vibe I got from the Game 1 discussion on multiple platforms but at the end of the day, I was making a joke.

It wasn't about you individually, it wasn't about Panthers fans as a whole. I'm poking fun at a select few who made ridiculous comments the last go around and again it wasn't just Panthers fans and it wasn't just on this site.

I understand no worries, the interwebz be toxic.
My initial response to you was also just trying to chirp back no hard feelings. May the best team win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad