SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I think there's some merit that historically the east has played more skilled, open, and speedy hockey while the West has been more physical and defensive. But the degree of how impactful one side of the coin is varies from year to year. The teams that go the distance typically have a blend of all of those traits, to your point. And yes I think the quibbling about which conference is superior is always stupid.
Going through the rounds and getting to the SCF is the great leveller. A team doesn't get there with a set of skills that are specifically from one Conference. Nobody will convince me that the Tampa Bay Lightning were not a totally well-rounded team that could go toe to toe with any team physically, while also winning because of skill.

Nobody will convince me that the Bruins are a team that prioritizes skill and speed and wants to leave the physical side of things behing (forget about their early exit, that is a red herring).

The so called typical characteristics of the East versus the West are dead and buried for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad