SCF Game 1: Washington Capitals @ Vegas Golden Knights | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
I really don’t see a ton in entertainment value as I feel Washington is going to try and slow down Vegas to a crawl but who knows. I expect it to be a low scoring series if the Caps are able to execute.

Huh? Caps have had to deal with Tampa/Pitt offenses and are still putting up almost 3 and a half goals per game. 2nd in the playoffs.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Huh? Caps have had to deal with Tampa/Pitt offenses and are still putting up almost 3 and a half goals per game. 2nd in the playoffs.

Those teams have great offences but if Vegas continues to play the way they have, I think Washington will be taking a much more cautious approach to take away their rush chances.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
SCF Game day wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:yo:

First time winner of the cup on the cards. super excited!

Hoping for a great game and less refs BS.

:yo:

Reactions: ChanceVegas

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Will be interesting to see how the knights start after being off for 8 days. If the caps catch them early and out-of-sync they could be primed to steal game 1

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I really don’t understand why a guy like Reaves is in over Tatar. Especially with Tatar looking very good in the last few games he was in.
That was "very good" by Tatar his last couple games? Outside of a real fortuitous goal...I hope that's not your metric cause if it is we lost that trade badly. He still has a lot of meshing and adapting to do.

Reaves has just been better at zone entries and sustaining offensive pressure through strong puck possession. Sure he's not as gifted at scoring as Tatar but the latter has been a turnover machine.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Out of principle I can't go against the Caps this year. But I love Vegas' story too. Any other year, dang it.

Hoping for a competitive exciting finals! Go Caps!

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
I really don’t understand why a guy like Reaves is in over Tatar. Especially with Tatar looking very good in the last few games he was in.

Tatar has played poorly in the playoffs, Reaves has played much better than him, as shocking as that may be. Playing Reaves over him is absolutely the right call, and props to the staff for making that decision, in spite of what they paid for Tatar.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Out of principle I can't go against the Caps this year. But I love Vegas' story too. Any other year, dang it.

Hoping for a competitive exciting finals! Go Caps!
Sure you can, if you make your principles sound sarcastic you can do anything. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: Sk8M8

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I keep reading that Vegas' time is up and Cinderella will turn into a pumpkin. Do people seriously not know their fairy tales? Cinderella doesn't turn into a pumpkin at midnight. Her coach does. Therefore, it'll be Gallant who turns into the pumpkin.

:teach:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Question: How long is the pregame BS gonna last this time around? I'll probably start watching around 8:30.

Well the Knights have to have some drummers with lights all over their bodies do their thing. Then Wayne Newton or the ghost of Frank Sinatra has to come out and spin some grinder thing to "fire up the crowd". Then a Knight has to slay an eagle or a building or whatever they deem will represent the Capitals in a show that would make any local renaissance fair proud. Then an elongated anthem by some Vegas "legend" like Danny Gans or Charo.

Right there you're looking at 20-25 minutes.

Reactions: LAINEC

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Caps look solid top to bottom. Some of the flashy names they had last year (Shattenkirk, Alzner) were complete frauds. Would take guys like Orlov and Kempny over them any day. Their current lineup has no passengers and no dead weight.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Caps look solid top to bottom. Some of the flashy names they had last year (Shattenkirk, Alzner) were complete frauds. Would take guys like Orlov and Kempny over them any day. Their current lineup has no passengers and no dead weight.
Alzner was in the process of shredding a groin. Yeah, Shattenkirk was a complete diaster though.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-5-28_15-18-29.png

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Have a feeling it goes to Ot tonight! Caps have more gamewinners but Vegas has Fleury and 4 good lines who can forecheck a team to death! Caps must put away more of their scoring chances if they want to be Stanley cup champions, that almost killed them against Tampa!

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Looking forward to the game tonight!

Hoping for lot's of questionable calls so I have tons to read on here tomorrow! :thumbu:

I'll guess Ovi starts it off with a PP goal from his usual spot.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
That was "very good" by Tatar his last couple games? Outside of a real fortuitous goal...I hope that's not your metric cause if it is we lost that trade badly. He still has a lot of meshing and adapting to do.

Reaves has just been better at zone entries and sustaining offensive pressure through strong puck possession. Sure he's not as gifted at scoring as Tatar but the latter has been a turnover machine.

I think Vegas lost that trade either way. I’m just saying I think Tatar is far more useful even in a 4th line role. He has two giveaways in 6 games and has been fine in every game I’ve watched (all of them). I say this as a Vegas fan, not just a Wings fan. They’ve been my West team from the start.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think Vegas lost that trade either way. I’m just saying I think Tatar is far more useful even in a 4th line role. He has two giveaways in 6 games and has been fine in every game I’ve watched (all of them). I say this as a Vegas fan, not just a Wings fan. They’ve been my West team from the start.
I just don't know how you can justify breaking up the fourth line the way they've been playing tbh. Gallant isn't gonna bench Perron or Tuch for him either and definitely not Rielly Smith. He just hasn't been good. He's been a possession liability and we can't afford to give him the chance to do better when the fourth line has done so well at keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad