SCF Game 1: Washington Capitals @ Vegas Golden Knights | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Here we are, folks. The Stanley Cup Final matchup everyone expected is here. Washington vs Vegas. They made us wait. And wait. And wait. But the day is here. The puck is finally gonna drop and the juiciest storyline of a Stanley Cup Final in recent memory is set to begin.

For the Vegas fans

And for the Caps fans

:vegas
Marchessault Karlsson Smith
Tuch Haula Neal
Perron Eakin Carpenter
Nosek Bellemare Reaves

McNabb Schmidt
Theodore Engelland
Sbisa Miller

Fleury

:caps
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson

Vrana-Backstrom-Oshie

Burakovsky-Eller-Connolly
Stephenson-Beagle-DSP

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Djoos
Holtby

StanleyCupFinal2018-1014x570.jpg

Free legal CBC stream for anyone in Canada (or otherwise).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
How come nobody wears the yellow Eric Weinrich visors any more?

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
How come nobody wears the yellow Eric Weinrich visors any more?
Pretty sure they're unofficially banned. Ovechkin caught a lot of heat when he wore his mirrored visor, he never admitted it but he implied he was pressured to change it. (Guys complained it's an unfair advantage because you can't see his eyes, I'm sure the NHL didn't like it because it obscured the face of one of their biggest stars). After that he played with the "smoked" (tinted) visor but even that has gradually become less and less tinted over the years (it's hardly even noticeably now.)

Really interesting article on it from a few years ago:
Unsealed Documents Show NHL's Concern About Alex Ovechkin's Mirrored Tinted Visor

So the short answer is that the NHL hates fun.

Original:
ovechkin-mirrored-visor.jpg

Former:
ovechkin.jpg

Current:
alex-ovechkin-capitals-shot.jpg

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Pretty sure they're unofficially banned. Ovechkin caught a lot of heat when he wore his mirrored visor, he never admitted it but he implied he was pressured to change it. (Guys complained it's an unfair advantage because you can't see his eyes, I'm sure the NHL didn't like it because it obscured the face of one of their biggest stars). After that he played with the "smoked" (tinted) visor but even that has gradually become less and less tinted over the years (it's hardly even noticeably now.)

Unsealed Documents Show NHL's Concern About Alex Ovechkin's Mirrored Tinted Visor

Original:

Former:
ovechkin.jpg

Current:
This one looks even more mirrored than the first one! But I guess it was in international play.
d2a11f0cc424fcfeb0af8c17cb40433a.jpg

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Original:

Former:
ovechkin.jpg

Current:

The yellow visors are supposed to help players who have sensitivity to bright lights due to concussions...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I really don’t see a ton in entertainment value as I feel Washington is going to try and slow down Vegas to a crawl but who knows. I expect it to be a low scoring series if the Caps are able to execute.

missingjibbsclub

Bobby Heaters
Oct 26, 2016
London ON
Caps have had a more difficult road to the final so there's no reason they can't take Vegas. If they can take down Tampa and Pittsburgh, they can sweep Vegas.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think people are expecting VGK's bubble to burst, but seen enough of them to know they are worthy cup finalists. They are the real deal. Washington are playing as a team. More so than I have ever seen them. This is a powerful tjhing. Going to be a close series. It's truly a pick em.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I really don’t understand why a guy like Reaves is in over Tatar. Especially with Tatar looking very good in the last few games he was in.

Reactions: bigweinerdon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->