BRUINS GDT SCF GAME 1 8:24 PM - St. Louis @ BRUINS - NBC, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, NHL Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Unfortunately being on crutches, this is the best opportunity I have to stay off my feet. T isn’t really an option with all the stairs and with streets being closed down I was worried about being able to easily get an Uber after.

Hopefully I’m more mobile come Wednesday.

I emailed my rep on the off chance she could throw be a bone with a free pass. She kindly sent me the instructions to pre-pay. Luckily being in row 3 there aren’t any stairs I need to navigate in my section.

@Kate08 What happened????

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
We have better centers on all four lines. Tuukka is better theses playoffs than any goalie. This team has SWAGGER honestly this is so important. This team plays for each other. They want it bad. I think they win in 5 games. I want all you people in Boston to see them raise the cup at home. This will happen.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Been listening to SiriusXM NHL radio and most callers and hosts keep saying the Blues will dominate the Bruins physically. But when you look up team stats that doesn't seem to match what they are saying.

Blues have an avg of 29.4 hits per game compared to Boston with 30 hits per game. Both teams not the top hitting teams. I get they have a good forecheck but not something that the B's have not seen in these playoffs. Also, B's defense with the exception of Chara are much more mobile than previous years so puck retrieval and breakouts are much better.

GP: BOS 17 STL 19
H/G BOS 30 STL 29.4
GF: BOS 57 STL 57
GA: BOS 33 STL 48
PPG: 17/50 chances (34%) for BOS and 12/62 chances (19%) for STL
Shots for: BOS 571 STL 588
Shots against: BOS 550 STL 539

The most concerning stat for me is shots against as the Bruins have played 2 less games but that stat doesn't speak to the quality of those shots. On the flip side the B's only have 16 less shots for than the Blues and they played 2 extra games.

DK46
Listening to 3 dudes on 1260 Edmonton this morning.
2 of the 3 are taking the Blues. Why? Bennington is not nervous, it's the Blues turn, Boston teams have won enough. Then one guy said this series is closer on paper. We'll duh???
That's where as you point they are even farther apart.

The guy pulling for Boston is like me....experience is #1. 5 guys all with rings. We lead practically in all the stats.

The Bruins will consistently better throughout the season. The Blues since January.

Bruins in 5.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Who would of thought at the beginning of this season that the Bruins would be competing for the Stanley Cup tonight?! :stanley:
I truly believed they'd be out by 2nd, possibly 3rd round this year, just figured too many youngins playing because of too many injuries, and then be in and winning the finals next year. I am gloriously thrilled to have been wrong.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-5-27_17-39-28.png

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Love him or hate him, Bruins super-pest Brad Marchand always gets results

BOSTON — Former NHL super pest Theo Fleury calls himself “the only Brad Marchand fan in North America.”

“I would say of all the guys who have played in the league after me, he is probably the closest to playing like me,” Fleury, who played 16 seasons with the Flames, Rangers, Avalanche, and Blackhawks, told USA TODAY Sports.

Both players were among the league’s smaller players. Fleury was listed at 5-6 and Marchand’s official height is 5-9.

Their playing styles could both be described as nails dragging across a chalkboard. Irritating. Annoying. Aggravating.

...and effective

Good article..I've always liked Fleury

Reactions: Boston Bandit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad