SCF GAME 1 8:24 PM - St. Louis @ Boston - NBC, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, NHL Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Still a 5v5 disparity in possession and scoring chances. But it was the refs. Plenty of stuff against the Blues also not called too.
Man, it's like you're hard of reading. No one is saying that the Blues lost because of the refs. The Blues were outplayed.

That doesn't make the reffing good.
That doesn't make it less frustrating that until a run of Boston powerplays, many of which were soft calls, the Blues were outplaying or playing equal to the Bruins. It's not exactly a hot take to say that a run of powerplays can flip momentum, especially when the tying goals is scored on probably the softest of the bunch.

This thread is a bad look for Blues fans. Yeesh.

I really don’t understand how you can blame the refs when you can count your high end scoring chances on one hand.

Here the above might help you.

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This whining about the refs is getting pathetic. Blues lost because they got beat by the better team tonight, plain and simple.

As a Bruins fans, I'm thrilled to hear Blues players, and even the coach talk about the penalties.

The Blues were absolutely dominated 5X5 for the last 38 minutes of the game. The Blues need to play dramatically better 5X5 or this series will be over very quickly

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Man, it's like you're hard of reading. No one is saying that the Blues lost because of the refs. The Blues were outplayed.

That doesn't make it less frustrating that until a run of Boston powerplays, many of which were soft calls, the Blues were outplaying or playing equal to the Bruins. It's not exactly a hot take to say that a run of powerplays can flip momentum, especially when the tying goals is scored on probably the softest of the bunch.

Yeah, that's what you claim, yet all you want to talk about is the refs and how unfair they were to your team.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
You guys are arguing with a brick wall at this point.

Yeah one made of these no less...

41oPx7vyxeL._SX425_.jpg

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

Yet here you are still complaining about the reffing after doing it all game. Clearly the message you’re sending is the Blues got outplayed.

Reactions: Mpasta

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I mean, I'm far from the only person to think this.

Riggs on Twitter
Travis Yost on Twitter

The only obvious penalty on that play was Perron tackling Krug by the head and then ripping his helmet off.

You're allowed to skate fast and hit someone. Literally every forecheck in every game features a guy who skates 100 ft to throw a check. Those idiots don't know what charging is.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Blues are really going to have to adjust. They’ve been allowed to get away with this stuff all playoffs long. I’m genuinely surprised how many they got called for tonight.

crzymexicanbeer

Oct 24, 2013
Davis

It sure does. In bold for you. You're not helping your case here.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
My takes could be bad, but not as bad as the Blue's were tonight. YIKES!
The blues werent that bad.
Say what you will about the krug hit.
The blues didnt slash a stick in half. The bruins did.
That last interference call was utter trash. They were all over each other. Maybe theyve been calling interference in the east, but they haven’t been calling penalties like they did tonight in the west. Blues obviously got a wake up call.
By no means did the bruins dominate. Shot count is misleading

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah, that's what you claim, yet all you want to talk about is the refs and how unfair they were to your team.
Yet here you are still complaining about the reffing after doing it all game. Clearly the message you’re sending is the Blues got outplayed.
Cause that's the only place that there's disagreement. I mean, we're disagreeing about the charging call on Krug. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. I don't think the Blues were going to come back and tie it at that point anyway, even with a PP. Could they have? Sure. But it's unlikely. We're talking about it cause we're hockey fans and we're emotional after a big game, win or lose. And because we're fans, we're certain to see it one way or another. I'm unlikely to convince you guys and you're unlikely to convince me.

But we have two days left until the next puck drop, and so we're gonna end up talking about this game and controversial moments are gonna be the main topic of conversation. Reasonable minds can differ on whether or not it's a charging. I'm wholly convinced that it is, but I'm also a Blues fan.

At the end of the day, I don't think any less of you guys cause you think it isn't charging or if you think Sundqvist's penalty was legit or if you think Backes really got hit so hard his head flew into next week. It's not a big deal to me. I respect Boston fans for supporting their team. That doesn't mean we're not gonna bicker this whole series. I've bickered with fans the last three series but always close out with thanking them for fun conversations. That's what this is to me. It's fun to argue. Perhaps that's the reason I'm gonna be a lawyer.

There isn't really any controversy that the Blues were dominated, particularly in the second period. The only controversy there is that Bruins fans seem to think that means the series is over. Most of the controversy in a series comes from the refs because that's the only influence on the game outside of either team. So it makes sense. That doesn't mean that the refs were to blame. We know what it's like to lose a game because of the refs. This wasn't it. We might have lost some momentum because of the refs, but that doesn't excuse falling apart like we did. But it's still frustrating and conversations here are how we voice our frustration.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Well seeing that you like the rule book , if the rule book had been applied when Perron literally mugged Krug then that play would never even have occurred, so are you sure you want to be talking about the rule book?
And if it had be applied when Krug cross checked or slashed Perron, we wouldn't have gotten the mugging. By the way, congrats to Perron for nabbing Krug's wallet. Why did he have it on the ice?

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Cause that's the only place that there's disagreement. I mean, we're disagreeing about the charging call on Krug. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. I don't think the Blues were going to come back and tie it at that point anyway, even with a PP. Could they have? Sure. But it's unlikely. We're talking about it cause we're hockey fans and we're emotional after a big game, win or lose. And because we're fans, we're certain to see it one way or another. I'm unlikely to convince you guys and you're unlikely to convince me.

But we have two days left until the next puck drop, and so we're gonna end up talking about this game and controversial moments are gonna be the main topic of conversation. Reasonable minds can differ on whether or not it's a charging. I'm wholly convinced that it is, but I'm also a Blues fan.

At the end of the day, I don't think any less of you guys cause you think it isn't charging or if you think Sundqvist's penalty was legit or if you think Backes really got hit so hard his head flew into next week. It's not a big deal to me. I respect Boston fans for supporting their team. That doesn't mean we're not gonna bicker this whole series. I've bickered with fans the last three series but always close out with thanking them for fun conversations. That's what this is to me. It's fun to argue. Perhaps that's the reason I'm gonna be a lawyer.

There isn't really any controversy that the Blues were dominated, particularly in the second period. The only controversy there is that Bruins fans seem to think that means the series is over. Most of the controversy in a series comes from the refs because that's the only influence on the game outside of either team. So it makes sense. That doesn't mean that the refs were to blame. We know what it's like to lose a game because of the refs. This wasn't it. We might have lost some momentum because of the refs, but that doesn't excuse falling apart like we did. But it's still frustrating and conversations here are how we voice our frustration.

If you’re going to be a lawyer then HF is probably one of the best places to practice :laugh: If you can stand talking to irrational fans day in and day out, a courtroom will be a breeze. But I do respect where you’re coming from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad