SCF GAME 1 8:24 PM - St. Louis @ Boston - NBC, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, NHL Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
It's basically if the violence of a hit is a result of the distance traveled. Which it is here. Krug was at full, or near full, speed when he started gliding. He was able to get there because of how long he skated before he started gliding. It's not a great rule, but by the rulebook, there's no question. Missed call.
Dude, you're embarrassing yourself right now....

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Bruins know how to win when it comes down to it. But so do the Blues.

I was surprised at how much the Blues stopped skating. That is a team built on hard work; they stopped. I expect them to play their hearts out for 60 mins in gm. 2.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

crzymexicanbeer

Oct 24, 2013
Davis

I was surprised at how much the Blues stopped skating. That is a team built on hard work; they stopped. I expect them to play their hearts out for 60 mins in gm. 2.

Regardless of the power plays, Bruins found their legs after a slow start. Not sure there was much the Blue could do after that happened. They looked shell shocked.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

I was surprised how much the Bruins were controlling the play. I expected the Blues to expose the rust, but strangely the Bruins looked more in the game.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I wouldn't call complaining about the refs for the duration of the entire game today the high road. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yea good point. The only way fans can admit their team is inferior is when the Bruins sweep them. But I honestly hope that doesn't happen because it would make for a boring final.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm sure I could find 3 quotes saying that it wasn't charging but I'm not the type to blame my team sucking on the refs.
Definitely could.

Also, I don't know how to tell you this. I'm not blaming the refs. The Blues need to play better. Doesn't mean it's not frustrating to see bad calls.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
This whining about the refs is getting pathetic. Blues lost because they got beat by the better team tonight, plain and simple.

Still a 5v5 disparity in possession and scoring chances. But it was the refs. Plenty of stuff against the Blues also not called too.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
If Krug had been at a near stand still half, or less than half the distance he actually traveled at that speed, then taken several strides to hit at a player specifically, they’re more likely to call that a charge.

Fact is, after having been held down and out of play Krug had to skate at speed to get back into position and pinch when he’s supposed to, because his team left and got to the O zone without him.

The vast majority of his distance, and getting to that speed in the first place was almost certainly him getting back to position, where the hit occurred, and to pinch, what he did.

He glided much of it, and took a couple more strides (had to change his angle/direction from that he had skated most of that distance and speed) and layed a clean hit on a player eligible to be hit.

Do you see yet what I mean about the “spirit” of the rule? It’s to prevent malicious hits, like when you take a bunch of strides late to ramp up speed after you’ve locked on.

“Iffy” at worst, but considering what “legal” play he had just dealt with, that’s just a “let them play” moment. The NHL likes that intensity.

You guys are arguing with a brick wall at this point.

Reactions: goflyakite

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
It's basically if the violence of a hit is a result of the distance traveled. Which it is here. Krug was at full, or near full, speed when he started gliding. He was able to get there because of how long he skated before he started gliding. It's not a great rule, but by the rulebook, there's no question. Missed call.

You've had it pointed out to you multiple times that you're babbling nonsense. Let it go.

Reactions: maxbme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad