Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Darcy's answer to a "could you give us a save or two tonight" question:

colorado-avalanche-darcy-kuemper.gif

You gotta love this dude!

Reparlana

Nov 2, 2011
Manitou springs
Is there any news on Burakovsky and as much as he's been a Casper his goals have been timely in the cup where they matter the most. Something about him sniping on Vasi since game 7 in the caps.

Reactions: Marinprudlik

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Is there any news on Burakovsky and as much as he's been a Casper his goals have been timely in the cup where they matter the most. Something about him sniping on Vasi since game 7 in the caps.

Bura is in Denver skating and getting treatment

Reactions: Ginger Papa

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

All we know is that he did not end up flying in to Tampa. He stayed in Denver to continue "receiving treatment" on whatever injury he has (I believe Friedman speculated a broken thumb, at the very least it's some sort of hand injury). And Bednar said he skated today but that was it. No word on if that included a stick or not.

I think with the amount of games remaining, there's a real possibility we have seen his last game in an Avs uniform.

MVPSteph

May 20, 2022
NAK hasn't been good, but how is sturm not being scratched. The guy is useless

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I guess this is Kuemper’s last stand. I would’ve gone with Francouz personally, but maybe Bednar is saving him as a last resort and wants to give him the home-ice advantage for game 5 should things go unfortunately for Keumper.

Looks like Kadri is in? I don’t know what to expect. Every video I’ve seen of him shooting looks like he’s at 1/4 speed.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Well the Avs are going toi have to solve the middle of the ice movement cause Tampa made some adjustments and were always in front of the Avs coming through the middle of the ice causeing the Avs to have t go around them and this greatly slowed the Avs rush down to the point they couldn't get any speed entering the offensive zone. If the Avs don't figure that out, it could be another big win for Tampa.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
As we’re several hours away from puck drop I’m going off track a bit here to ask a non hockey question my friend.

I try to be respectful of other cultures and use their preferred terms of reference whenever I can.

My question to you (and any others who share your homeland):

Suomi is what I understand you folks use for yourselves and on your International Hockey Uniforms.

However, many in NA refer to you as Finland & I see your location listed as same.

Do you folks have a preference between the 2?

Thank you in advance for considering my question.
I see. Well first and foremost I'm of the mind that every language should use the country names and denonyms that are part of that language. And I think I speak for most Finns when I say that there is no need to change those terms in the international community.

I think Finns identify with the term "Finland" just as much. I mean, it's the word in both English and Swedish (as well as many other languages). You see "Suomi Finland" or SF in many historical contexts for this reason (=Sweden) as well.

To add to that, I think Finland is quite an Americanized and Anglicized country where English is spoken, used, and valued in many places. But Finns (in general) certainly love it as well, when foreigners say Suomi or anything reminiscent of the Finnish language, or anything at all that has to do with Finland (as I've exhibited here). :laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad