GDT: SCF G4: Avalanche @ Lightning (COL (now) Leads 3-1) : 8pm ET

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I know Bedz is gonna go with Darcy, but can we do the smart thing and pull him immediately if/when he gives up another softie on their first real good scoring chance?
2 Softies, 3 unanswered or 4 total goals is when I'd pull him. Either way, I think the Avs lose if any of those scenarios happen, so fingers crossed we get bubble Darcy tonight.

Last edited:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
God he looks like the coolest MF'er with that move!!
That's because he f*cking IS!

1655918510347.jpeg

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Time for Kuemper to lay 'em on the table.
And for Bednar to react early if he senses that his goalie is broken.

I'm just tired of the Avs fighting their own goaltending in the playoffs. From injuries to pitiful outings, it's been a bane to this team's runs over their contending years and it hurts to see. Let's exorcise that ghost.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
I don’t know what to say, really. 3 minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today.

Either, we heal as a team, or we are going to crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Till we’re finished. We are in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light.

We can climb outta hell… one inch at a time.

Now I can’t do it for you, I’m too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I’ve made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I’ve pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who’s ever loved me. And lately, I can’t even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that’s… that’s… that’s a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life’s this game of inches, so is hockey.

Because in either game, life or hockey, the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don’t quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don’t quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They’re in every break of the game, every minute, every second.

On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that’s gonna make the f%#&@! difference between WINNING and LOSING, between LIVING and DYING!

I’ll tell you this, in any fight it’s the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I’m gonna have any life anymore it’s because I’m still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that’s what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can’t make you do it. You’ve got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That’s a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That’s hockey guys, that’s all it is.

Now, what are you gonna do?

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I wanna see the Avs' team D from SCF game 2 return with a vengeance. Use speed, accuracy and execution in controlling play. Consider deferring the primary shot and passing for a secondary shot to emphasize misdirected shots, tips and deflections. That means guys like Compher, Lehkonen and Landeskog need to step up and finish. That should put pressure on Vasilevsky.

Keep the Bolts from getting guys uncovered down in front of the net. A lot of lost coverage in the last game. If the Avs do that, then it will alleviate a lot of the pressure on DK.

I advocate for JB to keep DK on a short leash though. He needs to look comfortable in his crease and be able to crisply track the puck.

Avs will need to do much better work in taking the puck away from the Bolts when the Bolts exit their zone and enter their OZ. They had entirely way too much puck possession in game 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad