GDT: SCF G4: Avalanche @ Lightning (COL (now) Leads 3-1) : 8pm ET

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just re-watched the OT period. That was some dominant one-sided hockey, reminiscent of the OT against Nashville where the Avs just put the hammer down and willed themselves to the win in dominant fashion. Tampa simply had no answers other than plucky chances of the rush. Stranger things have happened but it's hard to see past the Avs closing this out at home where they'll have fast ice again and a pumped up crowd.

Avs were pushing harder than during regulation, the D men were jumping into the play a lot more aggressively, and Tampa looked like they ran out of gas.

I think that might have been a perfect example of what Bednar and others have talked about, with rest being a weapon, and that it pays off even more later in a series.

Reactions: flyfysher

quiller

Jun 2, 2022
hmmm like the play so far. But one unappreciated part of our game this series is we've cut down on the icing, as I see a unnecessary icing play from the Avs. especial teams on the ice .. our Short handed team has been really good.

good recovery Avs...

quiller

Jun 2, 2022
ref's really pushihg the TB story for another game. Just swallowed the whistle letting them get away with a cross check interference on that last rush.

yikes... that almost went in.... now our PP gets a chance.

quiller

Jun 2, 2022
that was a bad goal poor technique left a hole that the puck seemed to find...

I wish our D would make those kind of plays when TB players are on the rush rather then backing up...

quiller

Jun 2, 2022
I still don't like the way our D plays backing off the players rather then challenging them we just gave up a uncontested shot by their best player near the circle.

and now we are icign the puck a lot more then should

YES NUKE... rebound goal that was huge... hope if gives us energy. I thought we've been playing a little tight not so free and easy as we have the other games. Makar adds another point.

quiller

Jun 2, 2022
what a cheap call. this is going to be real tough on our D... grrrrr.... that was a bad play by Coupher on the hold. He has to be better then that.

yep that is just too difficult on our D. HUGE flip in the game story... PP now 4-1 in fav of TB... that trip was a good call just unlucky.

quiller

Jun 2, 2022
Goal... good break on the own goal.

never noticed on wrong thread... but things are rather complicated here.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad