GDT: SCF G2: Lightning @ Avalanche | 6 PM MT

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I've been told by the advanced stats crowd that it's actually the other way around. This is the raw footage. Games are played inside computers and then CGI creates the broadcast we see.

Otherwise how would you explain Cale Makar? He's just an algorithm with all the cheat codes.

The universe is a hologram. We are all really just projections based on Roblox

Reactions: Metallo

Snow Arc

Friendly neighborhood Snow Arc
Aug 14, 2020
drseuss.jpg

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That was the loudest sporting event I’ve ever been to. Absolute bedlam in the Can last night

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team play a perfect game like that. Tampa had virtually 0 sustained pressure all night

The most pressure Tampa got was when they got 3 face-offs in the Avs zone in quick succession. Not from any real offensive pressure mind, just from a dump-in that Kuemper gloved, and then the puck going out of play a couple of times in the span of a few seconds. And then it was over.

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Boulder, CO
Visit site
Then the Avs win the cup at home in front of this amazing fanbase.
It would be so much more cost effective for the Avs to win in it in Tampa. It's cheaper to get a roundtrip flight, hotel room for the night, and a ticket to a game at Amalie Arena. For the cost of a nosebleed at Ball Arena you can sit in the first 5 rows in Tampa.

I'm saving myself for the clinching game. It was hard not to go last night, but if Tampa staves off elimination a couple times money will get tight with how expensive tickets are in Denver.

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
I woke up still smiling. (and still a bit buzzed)

Those tickets cost me an arm and a leg, but I got to witness one of the most dominant games in Stanley Cup history.
The likes of last nights game will most likely never happen again , ever , all things considered.
A goalie we have no faith in gets a shutout. Top scoring forward not playing. The guy making $850,000 takes over the game. Veteran snipes. Defense unparalleled . SHG and on and on and on.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It's crazy to think that the Avs scored 7 but that they could have had many more goals with so many narrowly missed chances, like these for example:

- Landeskog whiffing on a backdoor play from Mackinnon, and later hitting the top edge of Vasilevsky's pad on another cross-crease pass;

- Manson clocking the left post through traffic;

- Burakovsky hitting the bottom edge of Vasilevsky's blocker and going away from goal instead of creeping into the net;

- Nichuskin being robbed by Vasilevsky's fully outstretched glove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad