Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Stanley Cup Final Game 2
Ball Arena, Denver, CO
6 PM MT

:avs

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Lehkonen (clutch) - Rantanen - Burakovsky (clutch)
Newhook - Compher (clutch) - Aube-Kubel
Helm (clutch) - Sturm - O'Connor

D. Johnson - Makar
J. Johnson (bad) - Manson
E. Johnson - Byram

Kuemper (bad)
Francouz

:bolts

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - Killorn
Colton - Paul - Point
Maroon - Beautiful Pond - Perry

Hedman - Rutta
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Bogosian

Vasilevskiy (bad)
Elliott

Lines are wrong.

Last edited:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It'll be really interesting to see what lines Bednar goes with. Tampa will undoubtedly make adjustments and it'll be important to counter that.

If Cogliano is back the logical thing to do would be to reunite the Cogliano-Helm-O'Connor line, but that then means either Compher or Burakovsky need to come off the 2nd line, probably Compher to put Rantanen at 2C:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Nichuskin
Burakovsky - Rantanen - Lehkonen
Compher - Sturm - NAK
Cogliano - Helm - LOC

Another way is to keep the 2nd line as it was in G1 and put Lehkonen on the Sturm-NAK line (guessing Newhook is the one to come out for Cogliano), but I doubt Bednar wants to limit Lehkonen's usage by doing that.

Maybe you keep Lehkonen with Helm and O'Connor as that worked in game 1, and simply do a direct swap and put Cogliano on the line with Sturm and NAK. Cogliano might need to have his minutes/role managed a bit anyhow given that he's coming back from surgery.

Whatever the case these are interesting decisions and certainly good 'problems' to have. Lehkonen's versatility in particular is proving invaluable given how he can slot in anywhere in the lineup without looking out of place.

I like the idea of the lines above with Rantanen at 2C, but I think Bednar will resist taking Compher away from 2C, so I predict we'll see him there again, between Rantanen and then one of Burakovsky/Lehkonen.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The only thing I’m confident in is that TB will win tonight and we’re going to Tampa tied 1-1

Oh, and we’ll see a re-emergence of “Frustrated MacKinnon” since TB is going to clog that NZ worse someone’s toilet after they’ve had Taco Bell

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Unfortunately I will have to work during what is probably going to be the 3rd period. Going to tape the game and listen to McGahey on the radio.

I honestly have no idea what to expect tonight with the game. I have faith we’ll get it done, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad