GDT: SCF G1: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Colorado Avalanche (8pm ET)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I STILL can’t believe they played the song in a tie game…..
I was also surprised but thought it was brilliant. All season long that team heard the song when we were leading... a good way to psychologically motivate them into thinking...they are winning or are going to win.
Sounds like ADHD to me or too much coffee(some stimulant)

Fits the narrative though. He looks the same on ice. Nervous movements and not sure what he is doing.

I prefer calm goaltender who at least seems to know what he is doing. Good or not. Calm presence is nice.

Look at Vasi. Even if he let in easier goals, I still felt like he was going to save everything Avalanche shot towards the net. He has nice aura and confidence. He can handle the puck in calm manner and not panic etc.

Kuemper is like nervous wreck compared to Vasi. Makes me nervous too.
Hmm one is in his 3rd SCF and the other in his first game of a SCF and his first game in 15 days or so AND has a ton of pressure on his shoulders right now. Would be weird if he wasn't nervous. I'm sure if DK gets to the SCF 3 years in a row, he'd probably look pretty calm that 3rd time around.

I thought Kuemper made quite a few nice saves that he's seemingly not getting credit for. That save short side on Stamkos was great and someone already mentioned the one time save on Kucherov. I think it sucks that people are dumping on him for some goals he'd like to have back. First of all, it's not easy when you're not getting a lot of shots - and it's the playoffs so pucks are sometimes going to go off the post and in just like they are going to go off the post and out (Nuke). We won the freaking game, that's all that counts.

He's going to get scored on at times but if the Avs play their game and continue to push the play, it might not matter as long as he's not the reason they lose.

This narrative that TB played bad and the Avs played well or TB always plays bad in game 1 and the Avs barely won needs to stop.

First the Avs played an ok game, probably for us a B. Avs looked rusty at times. I mean they had 10+ days off. The sheer fact that they were able to win coming off that long of a layoff is crazy. Ask TB how hard it is to have a long layoff when they came out like shit against NYR after having 9 days off after Florida. The Avs can play better and I expect them to moving forward.

DK was poor but yet he let one less than Vasi. DK can play better and hopefully will build of the 3rd period and OT.

Makar and MacK combined for 1 assist. Yet the Avs still won scoring 4 times. I can almost guarantee you that TB thought they'd win games if they contained those 2 especially with no Kadri. They did and still lost.

At what point do the Avs get credit for just being a good team? Hanging 35+ shots, skating hard, forechecking well, playing solid team defense is stuff we've been doing all playoffs.
It's horseshit. Mainstream media are east coast biased assholes. I was listening to the radio at lunch and that shithead renaud lavoie said that "the Avs level of competition to get to the finals was pathetic". This is probably the same jackass that couldn't believe the pace that McDrysaddle were on and 'whos going to be able to stop those guys?'... But now they are pathetic and terrible??? Could it be that MAYBE the reason the level of competition seems 'pathetic' is because the Avs are a great team and just kicking the shit out of their competition ??? Nah, couldn't be...
Good news for us.

Hopefully playing on it doesn’t allow him to continue to improve.

I thought Hedman looked real sluggish too. I thought I read somewhere on the boards that he’s dealing with an injury and hasn’t looked good for a while.

Those are 2 major pieces for them playing at limited capacity.
And if we win, that will be the excuse from all of the shitty media people to continue to try and diminish the Avs accomplishments.
The fist contact Hedman took to the head he went straight to the ref last night. I think there’s definitely something there, Avs should be going higher on him every chance they get.
No. Not unless they start getting cheap first, I don't want to see that. It was a fairly clean game and it should continue that way.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nate was so pumped after that win.:laugh:

giphy.gif
It looks like he is thinking about saying something and ends up just shouting. Reminds me of this because just watched Anchorman: 15 seconds in

On second thought, this is what it reminded me of.

iu

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Lol. I’m wrong.

I just watched the replay and it wasn’t reversed. Darcey probably was spooked by Nate and backed right out of there!
Did somebody put cream sauce over their pasta again? (Darcy's thinking) Oh no.. I better leave.

Food police MacK in full force.

Reference to this article:

Rantanen told story MacK still jokes about his eating habits, because when Rantanen started with the Avalanche he put on his lunch cheese and other things(not so healthy). MacK says he would still play in Finnish Elite League if he would continue eating like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Reparlana

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It is in reverse. Look at the other players, there’s no way Darcey just skates backwards our of the group.

Haha no that was in regular motion. I made it. The broadcast cut away or it'd probably be more evident.

It does look more normal in reverse though. Looks like Nate's yelling, "Yessssss!"

BoneCherry

Nov 19, 2021
Dallas
I'm liking how the Avs are playing overall, but I didn't like that second period.

Darcy - See how he comes out in game 2. He may have shaken off some cobwebs after that start. Maybe he hasn't. We know the Avs can win it if he's even half on his game. His body positioning has been off. That has a lot to do with confidence. I expect he can be better.

Turtle mode hurts the Avs more than anything right now. The bad goals given up were when they began to turtle. They have to play fast or they give up goals. The halfhearted shuffle doesn't fit their style at all, and all of their lines play worse when they fall into that. If they move their legs they are winning.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
The fist contact Hedman took to the head he went straight to the ref last night. I think there’s definitely something there, Avs should be going higher on him every chance they get.
I don't wish to attack you personally but I have to say that i hate this post. You want them going high on bo byram then? Beat hedman at hockey. No one should be hoping for scrambled brains

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Still think Avs in 5 even with Kuemper shitting the bed. Avs match up well against TB.

If Avs win game 2 they'll have a phenomenal chance at winning in 5 by splitting on the road - which should be doable given that they're 7-0 away so far, and then winning again at home in game 5.

Lose game 2 though and Tampa will have the edge with home ice advantage.

He took a high stick to the face which the refs missed, so him complaining was fair enough. That said I didn't like the softish call a couple of minutes after that which was clearly a makeup call from Hedman complaining.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I don't wish to attack you personally but I have to say that i hate this post. You want them going high on bo byram then? Beat hedman at hockey. No one should be hoping for scrambled brains

Chill the f*** out dude. I'm not saying to dirty headshot the guy. But gloves should be up in his face every chance they get.

Wait until Kadri comes back with him bum hand. You'll see exactly how 'clean' this series is. And if you don't think guys have been taking high runs at Byram all postseason you're out of your god damn mind. Byram has had to dodge haymakers in this run.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Chill the f*** out dude. I'm not saying to dirty headshot the guy. But gloves should be up in his face every chance they get.

Wait until Kadri comes back with him bum hand. You'll see exactly how 'clean' this series is. And if you don't think guys have been taking high runs at Byram all postseason you're out of your god damn mind. Byram has had to dodge haymakers in this run.
Disagree. Target from the shoulders on down. You can be just as effective.

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado

Where is the 3am team hotel fire alarm crew when you need them?

• Haha
Reactions: Ararana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad