Post-Game Talk: "Scared" Rangers def Pens in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Now before saying he is tradeable, any one must first state what the pens would give up for him based on his age, playing ability and contract. I know Murray due to Shero's stupidity cost the pens Two #2s.

This might just be too brilliant thinking for me to compute... that opportunity exists.
On the face of it though, I would consider it one of the least compelling arguments I ever saw on this forum.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
This might just be too brilliant thinking for me to compute... that opportunity exists.
On the face of it though, I would consider it one of the least compelling arguments I ever saw on this forum.

What do teams with bad players and bad contracts do, they buy them out. I think your computer has the blood clot virus. The only thing Scuds is doing is blocking a young D from getting playing time and scuds was really great in the playoffs last year. Don't listen to how great the PGH media thinks scuds is just let your eyes tell you about his play, oh, but you have a computer virus.

Some one compared Boychuk to Scuds. Boychuk was a UFA and can play. Come on. That was another :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: . funny statement.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't want to believe it either.... But IC brought some good points up. Who got demoted to seventh when we're were healthy for one game lol? His minutes get pushed back at times too. Scuds wears the A. There are a lot of hints out there.

It makes me sick writing that.

Agreeing with me makes you sick?!?!

Come on man! ;)

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
What do teams with bad players and bad contracts do, they buy them out. I think your computer has the blood clot virus. The only thing Scuds is doing is blocking a young D from getting playing time and scuds was really great in the playoffs last year. Don't listen to how great the PGH media thinks scuds is just let your eyes tell you about his play, oh, but you have a computer virus.

Some one compared Boychuk to Scuds. Boychuk was a UFA and can play. Come on. That was another :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: . funny statement.

The plot deepens. The mystery thickens... Your web of incomprehensibility entangles me ever more!

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Didn't realize I was in a thread of potential GMs spitballing sure fire options. Apologies.

Name a team that would want Scuderi that is a playoff contender right now.

Why would it have to be a playoff contender?

Scuds is signed for 2 more years so any team with poor defensive depth or wanting a 2 time Cup veteran to mentor their youth could be interested in his services.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
There is no contending team that would want him and there is no rebuilding team that wants him. If any one thinks otherwise, before you say he is tradeable, name the team that would take him. THERE IS NONE THAT WOULD do it.

The pens don't need to play him, he should be the 7th D and then bought out in JUNE. The pens are stuck with him. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Quit exaggerating. There are teams that could use him. Toronto wanted him as a UFA. They signed a 37 year old Robidas, fresh off breaking his leg for the 2nd time in a season, to a 3 year 3mil deal. Teams do desperate things to find quality NHL caliber veteran dmen.

I can't give you a list of teams that would definitely trade for Scuds, but they are out there. I think the bigger question is do the Penguins want to trade Scuds? Based on how they've used him this year, I have my doubts.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
People really are threatened by the idea of players they don't like having any sort of value, aren't they? :laugh:

Look, Scuderi may be difficult to move or not at all. But he's not "untradeable", whatever that means. He's attractive as a Cup-winning vet who's got a reputation for putting himself on the line. He's a good mentor for young blueliners since he came up through the ranks and earned his time in the NHL.

It's really not that hard to grasp why another team would want him, though with his limited NTC, it may be harder to move him than necessary. Hell, I never wanted him back here, and I was glad when he left and even I get why you consider bringing him back or trading for him.:amazed:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
So, Flames tomorrow ... those games are always leave me craving deep dish Chicago pizza. Dammit.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Thought this drill from today was interesting

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
#Pens current drill: protect the slot/middle ice off a rush 1-on-1. Using proper body position to keep puck carrier to the outside -SK
https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/543089181258711041

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop
Also, defenders starts semi-flat footed. So puck carrier has more speed. Defender must judge the best angle to cut off the middle -SK
https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/543089671795126272

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
People really are threatened by the idea of players they don't like having any sort of value, aren't they? :laugh:

Look, Scuderi may be difficult to move or not at all. But he's not "untradeable", whatever that means. He's attractive as a Cup-winning vet who's got a reputation for putting himself on the line. He's a good mentor for young blueliners since he came up through the ranks and earned his time in the NHL.

It's really not that hard to grasp why another team would want him, though with his limited NTC, it may be harder to move him than necessary. Hell, I never wanted him back here, and I was glad when he left and even I get why you consider bringing him back or trading for him.:amazed:

totally in agreement. look at what kind of contract Orpik has gotten in the summer.

I don't think JR ever tried to move Scuderi.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
totally in agreement. look at what kind of contract Orpik has gotten in the summer.

I don't think JR ever tried to move Scuderi.

I hope you are wrong that JR never tried to move him. I am sure he has with no takers.

And those that say he can mentor young d with his two cups, if that was true the Sabres would give a boatload for that experience to mentor Myers, Zador, and Rustulano. They had Erhoff to do this and apparently mentoring is not a big thing.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Maybe they'll take Adams too to mentor Grigerbanko and gurginsunz

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Now the Pens will change their name to the Mentors, with Adams teaching advanced courses in playing forward and Scuds teaching doctorate courses in playing D since he has won two cups.

To enroll players in Adams courses, tuition will be waived but picks will be accepted, for Scuds courses there will be tuition and picks since he has two cups. :laugh::laugh:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Now the Pens will change their name to the Mentors, with Adams teaching advanced courses in playing forward and Scuds teaching doctorate courses in playing D since he has won two cups.

To enroll players in Adams courses, tuition will be waived but picks will be accepted, for Scuds courses there will be tuition and picks since he has two cups. :laugh::laugh:
I think we may have just entered the "pin a rose on a pig" zone

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
So, Flames tomorrow ... those games are always leave me craving deep dish Chicago pizza. Dammit.

I'm pretty sure that deep dish is a Chicago thing, not a Calgary thing. There's no maple syrup on it, nor is does it come with a toque. :amazed:

source: 12 long cold winters in Chicago.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm pretty sure that deep dish is a Chicago thing, not a Calgary thing. There's no maple syrup on it, nor is does it come with a toque. :amazed:

I went to school with a guy from Chicago.

His name was Eric.

Do you know him?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Giordano ... every time they say his name, I think of Giordano's :laugh: Which, for folks who've never been, it's a restaurant chain that's mostly in the Chicagoland area and is famous for it's stuffed pizzas.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Giordano ... every time they say his name, I think of Giordano's :laugh: Which, for folks who've never been, it's a restaurant chain that's mostly in the Chicagoland area and is famous for it's stuffed pizzas.

I'm going to let you in on a secret-- the best deep dish in Chicago is actually Pequod's. ;) *******, now I'm going to have to get some deep dish when I'm on my home for Christmas (got a two-day stop over in Chitown).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad