OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Leave Your Dignity at the Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
@Tacitus Kilgore

As a huge RDR 2 fan, I love your username :laugh:

Haha thanks for the recognition. Its my favorite game franchise, played it since the RDR 1 release in 07 or 08. There is another poster that appears on the mainboards with a John avi, i'm glad I was able to scoop the exact name for mine though. I should probably change it to Arthur since technically he's Tacitus but yeh

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Haha thanks for the recognition. Its my favorite game franchise, played it since the RDR 1 release in 07 or 08. There is another poster that appears on the mainboards with a John avi, i'm glad I was able to scoop the exact name for mine though. I should probably change it to Arthur since technically he's Tacitus but yeh

The original “Red Dead Redemption” was released in 2010 actually. However that “Red Dead Revolver” game (which has like nothing to do with RDR1 and RDR2 if I recall correctly) was released by Rockstar in 2004

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
:laugh: Bee’s invade a cricket World Cup match

72xge9_J05-TXrFEKwGdHzYzz8w=.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wish I was a billionaire so I could afford to both live in a city and not have to deal with neighbors.

At least the problems I have with my current neighbors are less 'I live above a literal meth lab' and more 'they're excruciatingly extroverted and I have **** to do.'

Extroverts in LA? I know they exist, but to be surrounded by them . . . I always found most neighbors superficially friendly. Maybe it's the neighborhood (I lived over the years in the Valley-- Studio City and Sherman Oaks-- and far west LA (the gentrified area between the 405 and Santa Monica).

it's 1000 degrees

Where? Hell?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@KIRK

You live in la too?
Dang, a lot of you here are from california, southern california.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@KIRK

You live in la too?

No, I used to live in LA. From 2000-2007, then for 4 months when I came back to the US from Australia in 2015.

Pittsburgh/Philly/NJ my whole life until 2000, then Dallas from 2007-2013, Australia from 2013-2015, LA for 4 months when I returned to the US in 2015 . . . then, Northwest Arkansas for a year and a half, Vegas for just over a year, Salt Lake City for 8 months, now Boulder, CO area for the last 4 month.

I'm kind of a nomad (although I think we'll be in Denver for a bit). :D

EDIT: My older dog has been with us since December 2009, so she's seen the Atlantic and both sides of the Pacific.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Extroverts in LA? I know they exist, but to be surrounded by them . . . I always found most neighbors superficially friendly. Maybe it's the neighborhood (I lived over the years in the Valley-- Studio City and Sherman Oaks-- and far west LA (the gentrified area between the 405 and Santa Monica).

The Pasadenas are like a completely different beast than the rest of LA. I blame NASA.

@KIRK

You live in la too?

I don't know how many of us are actually from here, for what it's worth. I'll always be a Pittsburgher first.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
No, I used to live in LA. From 2000-2007, then for 4 months when I came back to the US from Australia in 2015.

Pittsburgh/Philly/NJ my whole life until 2000, then Dallas from 2007-2013, Australia from 2013-2015, LA for 4 months when I returned to the US in 2015 . . . then, Northwest Arkansas for a year and a half, Vegas for just over a year, Salt Lake City for 8 months, now Boulder, CO area for the last 4 month.

EDIT: My older dog has been with us since December 2009, so she's seen the Atlantic and both sides of the Pacific.

Did Mother Abigail Freemantle tell you to move to Boulder in your dreams?

I think you’ll get the reference.

Reactions: KIRK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

wow.
Yeah that is nomad status. How is the land down under? Never been there personally, but it seems interesting. Which part of Australia did you reside?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The Pasadenas are like a completely different beast than the rest of LA. I blame NASA.

I don't know how many of us are actually from here, for what it's worth. I'll always be a Pittsburgher first.

Yeah biggy I remember talking to you and you said you lived in LA. Not sure who adopted new cities or are native californians. I figure most here have some connection to pittsburgh / pa in some manner.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
wow.
Yeah that is nomad status. How is the land down under? Never been there personally, but it seems interesting. Which part of Australia did you reside?

We lived in the suburbs of Brisbane, but my favorite place, frankly ever, is the Manly NSW area, just at the inlet to Sydney Harbor, about a 30 minute ferry to the opera house.

My wife went before me and the pup, and she lived in the heart of town, a block from the Pacific Ocean (at its narrowest point, it's 400 meters from the Pacific Ocean to Sydney Harbour along what's called Manly Corso.

I'd call the whole area-- and I think @Big McLargehuge will get the reference-- Santa Monica beach before pot.

If you've heard of the singer Redfoo and know the song 'Let's Get Ridiculous', that was filmed at Manly Corso.

When I got there, we rented the 1st floor of a 100 year old Victorian that had a view of the inlet to Sydney Harbour. You could go down the step, cross a 2 lane road, walk literally 1 minute down a path, and be on Fairlight Beach, which was a beach cutout on the harbour.

Here was the view:

SYD2788-Fairlight-Beach-photo_f5e703c1-af09-4ead-8aed-4d1681d0ba86.jpg

That was the walk every day with my pup. Two kilometers in the morning and two in the evening along the harbour.

Loved it there. Absolutely loved it.

I'd honestly tell anyone, if you ever have the chance to go, just go.

Especially for younger people, they have a working holiday visa and a ton of hostels (safe and clean ones, not the @HandshakeLin Czech versions).

Tennis is incredibly fun to play.

I enjoy watching the grunting females play tennis too. Love 40, baby.

The pup was quite 'helpful' with the females too. I'm married, so it's all in good fun, but she knew how to walk very slowly by the hottest women and make sure they noticed her. When they'd inevitably ask if the could pet her, she'd go sit and stay and just lap it up. :laugh:

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Same here. Born in Pittsburgh. A year in Penn Hills when it was a much different area than I believe it is today, then 11 years in Greensburg. Haven't lived since and probably only have been back 2-3 times in the last dozen years, but born in Pittsburgh, always a Pittsburgher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce