Say It Ain't So, Doan!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
By perfect he means a team in the playoffs that has a chance that might want him.

Sharks for a signed Letunov?

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah they played the interview during the pregame yesterday and it looked like he was ready to move on until he retires next season. I know he said it had to be perfect but what else do you want him to say? I personally hope he goes to a contender and wins the cup. He deserves it

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I personally hope he goes to a contender and wins the cup. He deserves it

He can bring it back to the valley and show it off as the first "Arizona native" to win the Cup. :naughty:

Sorry Auston

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hope he goes wherever he wants. He deserves it. If it's a conditional 7th round pick with the condition being the world ends before the draft, still do it.

Even if it's LA, I'll cheer my ass off for the Kings in the playoffs.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
How is this a surprise to ANYBODY?
The guy is 3 months from playing his entire career with one franchise, something he's expounded on many times. While I don't know a single Coyote fan who would begrudge him accepting a trade to try to win the cup, considering how close he is to retirement and the unlikelihood of actually winning the cup even if he gets traded it is a bit surprising he's considering it now. That said he made it clear it has to be exactly the right fit which I interpret as a situation he basically can't say no to and I'm not sure how likely that is to happen. Then again now that it's officially public who knows what kind of momentum could come from it.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I personally hope he goes to a contender and wins the cup. He deserves it

This, Doan has earned all the respect in the world from me, and it wouldn't tarnish his legacy at all to not have played his entire career with the Yotes franchise. Let him go win a cup.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
[/CENTER]
The guy is 3 months from playing his entire career with one franchise, something he's expounded on many times.

Yes, he's always said he wanted to win it here with this team, but now knowing he has what 3 months left of hockey to play ever, there is 100% certainty the dream of winning it here in AZ is gone, let him go to another team to win it, he deserves it.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Doan can do whatever he wants, he's earned that right many times over. My first takeaway is more that it pretty much confirms he's retiring after this season.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
How is this a surprise to ANYBODY?

Not at all. I remember hearing an interview where he was joking around about his and the teams play. I think he checked out a couple months. Only thing motivating him was breaking the team records. He's done that, so now there's nothing here for him.

I love him for what he's done here but I think it's best for the team if he's moved ASAP. He takes minutes away from a similar player in Crouse and I don't someone who appears disengaged is the right person to be leading the team.

Time to give the keys to the team over to Domi and OEL.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
[/CENTER]

Yes, he's always said he wanted to win it here with this team, but now knowing he has what 3 months left of hockey to play ever, there is 100% certainty the dream of winning it here in AZ is gone, let him go to another team to win it, he deserves it.
That's what "I don't know a single Coyote fan who would begrudge him accepting a trade to try to win the cup" means.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There was always going to be a day when he plays his last for the team. How he wants to handle it is up to him. Playing out the string with a different team doesn't change a thing.

Feb 12, 2003
Get Doan the Cup!

It would be sad that he did not do it with the Coyotes, but it would be even more sad if he did not get to do it at all.

avco

Feb 10, 2007
Hope Doan follows Ray Bourque's example in getting a Cup (but doing it in his 1st try rather than Bourque's second try).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad