Friedman: Savard expected to be moved

Nov 24, 2006
I thought Dubois was living in someone else's basement.
No the Jets got him his own house apparently.
51klwr.jpg

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Hes been completely caved in this season in addition to the Columbus PK being flat out bad. Sure he's being deployed as a defensive d but he's not performing like one . The hits /blocks etc are indicative of a player chasing the game , not one who's flourishing. I think it's very very unlikely he gets a 1st/anything of significant value.

Savard has always blocked a lot of shots. Saying that is indicative of a player "chasing the game" doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's indicative of a player who clogs up shooting lanes... He's still a reliable player. He both will and should get a decent return.

Reactions: cslebn and Xoggz22

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
I think it makes more sense for Jets to go after Ekholm, he's signed at around 4 next season too. Unless Savard is willing to sign at a reasonable cap hit.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Little light since you're promoting the Leafs move Kerfoot and a 3rd to Ottawa for a 5th and then Bogosian and a 1st for Savard.

Playing off that, I imagine the Flames will need to include their 1st and Bennett to be competitive on Savard.

Leave Ottawa out of your cap dump problems, they don’t want or need Kerfoot they do not even have a place to play him.
With White, Norris , Pinto, Logan Brown, Teirney,Anisimov what would they even do with Kerfoot?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Just seems like we are trading for the sake of trading.
Though I do think we can wiggle a trade at the deadline

I don't think moving 2 roster guys to bolster our bottom pair (which is more than capable with Bogosian already) is even remotely appetizing.

I think we find a role player for the top6 at the expense of Kerfoot + picks /prospects

... the "/" means or not both... but whatever think of it how you want, i originally thought Kerfoot was in his 2nd last year than i noticed he still has 2 full years so Ottawa would probably want a little something for helping Toronto get out of cap, but i was just shooting suggestions out

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Just seems like we are trading for the sake of trading.
Though I do think we can wiggle a trade at the deadline

I don't think moving 2 roster guys to bolster our bottom pair (which is more than capable with Bogosian already) is even remotely appetizing.

I think we find a role player for the top6 at the expense of Kerfoot + picks /prospects

So you think Bogosian can step up if anyone in the top 4 gets injured, especially in the playoffs, okay :) do as you wish, i personally think Toronto would be smarter and more deadlier if they were to add a player like Savard over Bogosian but that's just me :)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Little light since you're promoting the Leafs move Kerfoot and a 3rd to Ottawa for a 5th and then Bogosian and a 1st for Savard.

Playing off that, I imagine the Flames will need to include their 1st and Bennett to be competitive on Savard.

Toronto needs to move cap space out to add him, if Calgary were to push for the playoffs they wouldn't need to move space to bring some one like Savard in, and Bennett is a playoff performer so that'd be hella stupid for us to trade him to get Savard, if you're saying bogo + 1st equals Bennett + 1st I'd like to see your logic here :)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Value is awful here. Savard is very meh . It would be a lateral move at best. Dubas turned down Keefoot and Dermott for Weeger but sure you'd need to add a 3rd rounder to him to get a 5th ? Savard is not worth a 1st additionally.

Well that's a different trade you're talking about, the trades i made were more so cap move out and the 1st is there because Savard is better than Bogosian and he's also at 50%, but i just made suggestions for 2 teams i follow but not fan girl scream over :) it doesn't matter to me if you don't like it, but they'd be more scary with a player like Savard waiting on the 3rd pair that can step up any time, you guys lose any dman and you'll be in shambles

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
So you think Bogosian can step up if anyone in the top 4 gets injured, especially in the playoffs, okay :) do as you wish, i personally think Toronto would be smarter and more deadlier if they were to add a player like Savard over Bogosian but that's just me :)

Ya,,, i do,,,,,,,i think bogo could slot in beside Muzz but not beside Rielly

but conversely i think Savvy could slot beside rielly ,if push came to shove

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Well that's a different trade you're talking about, the trades i made were more so cap move out and the 1st is there because Savard is better than Bogosian and he's also at 50%, but i just made suggestions for 2 teams i follow but not fan girl scream over :) it doesn't matter to me if you don't like it, but they'd be more scary with a player like Savard waiting on the 3rd pair that can step up any time, you guys lose any dman and you'll be in shambles
i think "shambles" is a little dramatic,,if rielly goes down,

,make Muzz/Brod #1 pair,,,thats not terrible

holl goes down,,i feel ok with muzz/bogo 2nd pair

bogo goes down,,,littlegrin as 3rd pair rhsd does not freak me out
Derm goes down,,we will have top prospect Sandin to fill
but ya,,we lose Muzz or Brod and now i am getting nervous

and that is why i love the idea of savvy as depth,,he could cover well enough for either

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Sure. I mean anyone has concerns if players go down.

Thats why we have our own taxi squad. Lilj and Sandin should be capable in this instance. Insurance is nice... but if the idea is to use the remaining cap AND move out a capable player... just to shore up the taxi squad. Not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad