Blue Jays Discussion: Saunders > Bruce; Tulo and Bautista trade DL spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
%90 chance he will be terrible, a number that appears out of thin air.

Not sure where people come up with this stuff.

You can come up with a statistic to prove anything. Forfty percent of all people know that.

David Price's ERA has bloated to 4.90 as of 1 minute ago.

As per Gregg Zaun, he's too tall and should be sent to the bullpen or minors. Also, derpa der.

I just turned on the pre-game to hear Zaun talking reasonable sense about mechanics and deliveries and the risk of guys with mechanics that make their arm lag, etc. I smiled to see him making a modicum of sense.

Then came "pitching as a starter is less stressful than relieving."

:facepalm:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Hey everybody, I've had an extremely busy work day and am not up to date. I've had the radio on in the background and caught a few snippets.

Did I hear Atkins correctly suggest the Jays are backing off on sending Sanchez to the bullpen? I thought I heard him say he had earned a rotation spot and they might keep him there.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
You can come up with a statistic to prove anything. Forfty percent of all people know that.

I just turned on the pre-game to hear Zaun talking reasonable sense about mechanics and deliveries and the risk of guys with mechanics that make their arm lag, etc. I smiled to see him making a modicum of sense.

Then came "pitching as a starter is less stressful than relieving."

:facepalm:

That's an oldy, but a goody. The idea being that pitching on a set schedule (~6 innings every fifth or so day) is easier than pitching on an unset schedule (~6 innings randomly disbursed over 10 days.

I've always thought it was a stupid premise.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Rogers should just bite the bullet fire zaun n cambell

and hire carter/Alomar/white/halladay/hentgen/key hell I would prefer Delgado doing what zaun does at this point.

... guys the biggest puddle jumper there is...

figured with Healy getting the boot maybe zaun would be next ...

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
That's an oldy, but a goody. The idea being that pitching on a set schedule (~6 innings every fifth or so day) is easier than pitching on an unset schedule (~6 innings randomly disbursed over 10 days.

I've always thought it was a stupid premise.

I would guess that it would be easier on some peoples arms, and easier on others to be in the pen. Or no one is the same.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
With all the talk of Sanchez going to the pen due to innings restrictions, I wonder if the Jays track the type of innings he throws.

Say his limit is 140 for argument sake. Each of those 140 innings are not all the same.

Do you count a 5 pitch inning 3 up 3 down the same as a 40 pitch inning 4 up 3 down.

Yes I am sure they all balance out but I wonder if teams look at high stress innings and then look at non stress innings when making the decision on capping innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad