Pre-Game Talk: Saturday, October 20: Predators @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I would generally prefer Puljujarvi with McDavid and Nuge, but I really like that McLellan's giving that second line a chance to build more chemistry. Also, It's Bouchard's birthday today, and he's going to spend it playing against one of the best defence groups in the entire league.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
OK, that does it! I'm starting to agree with the coach! Have I gone mad or has Todd finally seen the light?

If he fixes the powerplay I may actually have to lay off of my intense criticism of the guy. Which would be nice, because I thought he was a pretty good coach in 2016-17.

(would still love to see us dump in less, though.)

Reactions: ujju2

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Definitely like the look of our lineup tonight. We just need to keep skating tonight. Nashville always kills us with their forecheck.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If he fixes the powerplay I may actually have to lay off of my intense criticism of the guy. Which would be nice, because I thought he was a pretty good coach in 2016-17.

(would still love to see us dump in less, though.)

I think simply swapping Bouchard in for Klefbom on unit 1 and having Klefa or Nurse on unit 2 would work wonders.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I think simply swapping Bouchard in for Klefbom on unit 1 and having Klefa or Nurse on unit 2 would work wonders.

I think that'd already be a big improvement, but honestly I'd mix it up more. Something like...

McDavid-Lucic-Draisaitl
Klefbom-Bouchard

RNH- Yamamoto -Strome
Nurse-Puljujarvi

If we're loading the top unit, then

McDavid-Draisatil-RNH
Puljujarvi-Bouchard

The blue line might bobble some pucks, but if they can keep it in, man those two big shots would be fun to watch.

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
This one is going to be tough. That Preds defense is best in the league. McDavid is going to have to find ways to be creative, and McLellan is going to have to find ways to get him on the ice away from Josi and Subban

I would argue the Preds coach should be finding ways to keep Josi and Subban away from McDavid.

He can easily make pylons of both of them, especially Subban.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
I mean we have scored on the pp 4 out of 5 games so I don’t think anything will change there. And our pp is 3rd in the league (small sample size I know) so maybe it shouldn’t for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad