Pre-Game Talk: Saturday, October 20: Predators @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
This one is going to be tough. That Preds defense is best in the league. McDavid is going to have to find ways to be creative, and McLellan is going to have to find ways to get him on the ice away from Josi and Subban

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Haven't beat Nashville in 4 1/2 years?. Should be a good test for us then because if we're the 16/17 team we hope to be, we could break a streak like that. In 16/17 we turned around a lot of losing streaks to franchises we never could beat.

Winnipeg was on a eleven game home ice winning streak, we were down 4-1 going into the third period, and we manged to beat them.

Anything is possible ...

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Not a pretty picture, this matchup;

Games involving Nashville and Edmonton beginning with the 2014-15 season:

2014-15 season: Wed Oct 29 2014at Edm Nashville 4, Edmonton 1
2014-15 season: Tue Nov 11 2014at Nsh Nashville 3, Edmonton 2
2014-15 season: Thu Nov 27 2014at Nsh Nashville 1, Edmonton 0 (OT)
2015-16 season: Sat Oct 10 2015at Nsh Nashville 2, Edmonton 0
2015-16 season: Sat Jan 23 2016at Edm Nashville 4, Edmonton 1
2015-16 season: Mon Mar 14 2016at Edm Nashville 3, Edmonton 2
2016-17 season: Fri Jan 20 2017at Edm Nashville 3, Edmonton 2 (SO)
2016-17 season: Thu Feb 2 2017at Nsh Nashville 2, Edmonton 0
2016-17 season: Sun Feb 26 2017at Nsh Nashville 5, Edmonton 4
2017-18 season: Thu Dec 14 2017at Edm Nashville 4, Edmonton 0
2017-18 season: Tue Jan 9 2018at Nsh Nashville 2, Edmonton 1
2017-18 season: Thu Mar 1 2018at Edm Nashville 4, Edmonton 2
2018-19 season: Sat Oct 20 2018Nsh at Edm
2018-19 season: Sat Oct 27 2018Edm at Nsh
2018-19 season: Mon Feb 25 2019Edm at Nsh
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Primary team Nashville: 12-0 in these games.
Goals for Nashville: 37
Goals against Nashville: 15
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pretty sure our last game we won against them was when Bryz played his first game for us and shut them out?

LJellySlam

Dec 30, 2017
Read somewhere that Manny Viveiros watches the first 2 periods from upstairs and recommends late game adjustments. Is this true and is this the secret to our late game success as of late??

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Wow no wins against Nashville since 2014? Reminds me of the good old days where Minnesota dominated us. I'm sure McDavid has been made aware of this "stat" and will come out flying tonight.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Hopefully our 5 Lefty Special has run its course, and Bouch gets some looks soon on McDavid’s PP unit. Pleaseee

Honestly it looked pretty good last game, despite the setup still being dumb IMO. The players were getting a lot of movement on the powerplay and actually making it work with awkward spin arounds etc. I imagine it won't change yet.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just win.
The 12 game losing streak has no bearing on the standings for this season. Clean slate, so hopefully they can replicate the game against Boston.

Talbot starting again, I presume?

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I watched the end of the preds/flames game yesterday. Subban is still a clown with some really dumb defensive blunders. Josi is incredible and the main reason why that team is so good. They are solid. Our biggest test so far this year IMO. I'd like to see what we brought against the bruins and jets tonight and am optimistic that we can win this one as well. The team is playing for each other and very well right now, so let's keep it going.

It feels good to be excited to watch a good hockey game again.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
This one is going to be tough. That Preds defense is best in the league. McDavid is going to have to find ways to be creative, and McLellan is going to have to find ways to get him on the ice away from Josi and Subban
I think McLellan needs to get Connor away from Ekholm-Subban pairing. It is much better at defending than Josi-Ellis pairing. Eventhough Oilers have last change I don't think Oilers get McDavid against Hamhuis-Weber pairing a lot.

2nd line has been bad all year, Leon really needs to step up his game/effort. Yea statline looks good, but I guess non of those points have come on 5-5 play without McDavid. Lucic-Yamamoto pair looked instantly better with Strome than Drai...

I hope the Lucic-Strome-Yamamoto line stays together. They need to outplay Preds 3rd line. And Chiasson should get a change already! 4th line has been as big of a mess as 2nd line, so try something new.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013

I must be the only one hoping McDavid plays every second with Subban on the ice.

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
Honestly it looked pretty good last game, despite the setup still being dumb IMO. The players were getting a lot of movement on the powerplay and actually making it work with awkward spin arounds etc. I imagine it won't change yet.

I've noticed a lot of awkward spinarounds, not just on the PP this season. I wonder if it's something that's being coached?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I've noticed a lot of awkward spinarounds, not just on the PP this season. I wonder if it's something that's being coached?

It's not out of the realm of possibility, given that we do have a lot of players with great edgework. Still, it's such a wonky thing that I'm much more inclined to believe it's our players trying to make an awful setup work with their own instincts.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It'll be interesting to see who the RW will be on the McNuge line. No better time than tonight for Drai and Jesse to get something going as well. As someone else said, it'd be a great time for Looch to go all bull in a china shop on their D as well.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
We’ll catch them on a road B2B with Saros. It’s as good a chance as any to end the streak. I still don’t feel like this team has played to it’s potential yet. Hopefully they can bring it to them.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
It'll be interesting to see who the RW will be on the McNuge line. No better time than tonight for Drai and Jesse to get something going as well. As someone else said, it'd be a great time for Looch to go all bull in a china shop on their D as well.

Is Caggiula back in? Otherwise I'm a tad surprised we didn't call up anyone.

swift

Dec 11, 2005
www.lentovelho.fi

What's the line? I guess Rattie is still out so who will take his place on the 1st line?

Edit. Too slow :D

I would have preferred to see Jesse get the bump to 1st...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Is Caggiula back in? Otherwise I'm a tad surprised we didn't call up anyone.

Hopefully Drake is back in soon. Like Looch he is adding a lot of energy out there with the style that he's been playing. It sure would be nice if we could get Kassian back in that groove as well.

Run with it kid

Normally I would've been pissed at this, but if Jesse is still with Drai I like this move. Give Jesse and Drai an extended chance together because so far Drai and Yamo haven't worked. I have a good feeling about the top 2 lines tonight. Poor Rattie, has a hell of a preseason, gets hurt late and hasn't gained much traction then gets hurt again.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
What's the line? I guess Rattie is still out so who will take his place on the 1st line?

Edit. Too slow :D

I would have preferred to see Jesse get the bump to 1st...
Tough to justify that after last game. Jesse missed a golden opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad