Pre-Game Talk: Saturday, October 20: Predators @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
how did Benning get injured? i didnt see that part of the game.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Bruins must have gotten him away from play in retaliation.. they apparently slashed Rattie wrist in similar fashion and got him out of the game ... Cheap team dirty tactics

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Kind of disappointed how late this game is starting. It would be really sweet to see the Oilers come and give a good 60 minute effort to break their Nashville losing streak.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He took a pretty good hit behind the Oilers net in his shift after clocking Backes. Might have been that?

How terrible is it that I'm not completely sad that he can't go. Gravel is instantly a better option than Benning. The Bruins did us a favor.

Just on another note but Backes seems completely done. Every game I'm seeing against Boston this season he's getting hurt and bitch assed about something. The guys a complete tool. Virtually every game somebody pastes him (because everybody hates him) and he stands around center ice with the play going looking for a call. he completely forgets about the play and is just complaining about getting hit. What a f***er. Never liked him. great that he's getting this karma later in his career.

Not sure what Boston thought they were getting but Blues sure got rid of this fool at exactly the right time. Not sure if even Bruins fans could possibly like Backes.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
How terrible is it that I'm not completely sad that he can't go. Gravel is instantly a better option than Benning. The Bruins did us a favor.

Just on another note but Backes seems completely done. Every game I'm seeing against Boston this season he's getting hurt and ***** assed about something. The guys a complete tool. Virtually every game somebody pastes him (because everybody hates him) and he stands around center ice with the play going looking for a call. he completely forgets about the play and is just complaining about getting hit. What a ****er. Never liked him. great that he's getting this karma later in his career.

I agree Gravel is a much better option. Agree about Backes as well, he’s a bigger, less skilled, slower, dumber version of Kesler.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I agree Gravel is a much better option. Agree about Backes as well, he’s a bigger, less skilled, slower, dumber version of Kesler.

He's a dumber version of Lucic but without the balls. Backes even in premium years was such a useless punk. I used to lol constantly when Seabrook and Keith would staple him to the boards. I know I shouldn't but I laughed louder when Toews starting imitating a concussed Backes and with the Hawks bench laughing. Man, everybody hates Backes. Cheap shot player.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gravel. He can do 4/5 D in a pinch. Which this is.

Reactions: RegDunlop

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The good news is we're not getting Rinne, AND we're facing a club on a B2B for the 2nd game in a row. These are positives.
I seem to remember the Oilers absolutely peppering Saros in a home game last year and them ending up with zero goals.

Didn't we used to torch Rinne?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I seem to remember the Oilers absolutely peppering Saros in a home game last year and them ending up with zero goals.

Didn't we used to torch Rinne?
I think a lot of teams did, he's gotta be the most 'hot and cold' Vezina winner in a long time

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He's a dumber version of Lucic but without the balls. Backes even in premium years was such a useless punk. I used to lol constantly when Seabrook and Keith would staple him to the boards. I know I shouldn't but I laughed louder when Toews starting imitating a concussed Backes and with the Hawks bench laughing. Man, everybody hates Backes. Cheap shot player.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gravel. He can do 4/5 D in a pinch. Which this is.
It was funny watching lucic take a run at backes, backes didn’t even think of taking a number, only does that for smaller players like cagguila

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ooooo. Kinda looking forward to Gravel drawing in. Didn't notice him much in the preseason (good thing for a stay at home D-man I guess). But Benning we know sucks. Garrison made some mistakes in his last game. If Gravel is as steady as people say he is, this could be a decent upgrade here for the 3rd pairing. Let Gravel stay back and be a steadying force, Bouchard can be riskier and show a bit more of that offense he's great at.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Well...Rinne left the game against Calgary for suspected concussion and is apparantly doubtful for tomorrow.
CandidEachBream-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad