Pre-Game Talk: Saturday night Leafs vs Sens (Payback like Gibson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Not really. Pretty risky to go with two rookies on one D pair IMO.
Well I think it was meant as Dermot at 24 isn't the 4th and Lil 22 is 6th, you would think Dermot would have been given the chance. But I guess they really want a right hander there. I mean the 3rd pair would get their minutes paired down just for this game.

Reactions: ToneDog

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
How brilliant can you really be when you gave up a first for a guy with a bad back, who scored zero goals for us, because you needed the 50% retention because you're overpaying Marner by $3 million per year.

3 million overpay, lol.

Get lost.

Reactions: Jeypic

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How brilliant can you really be when you gave up a first for a guy with a bad back, who scored zero goals for us, because you needed the 50% retention because you're overpaying Marner by $3 million per year.

75% retention but who cares? It only cost a couple of 4ths.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Boys need to come out strong and play a full 60 minute game. That first line needs to finally make some noise.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
@Coachcorner approves of this post….
I as a SIRE, aprrove this post sire. :clap:

Gabriel finna thug that thang up. HARD.

But yeah sire, we also gon bounce to the ounce on this one! What, like 44 shots in tonight, STILL SCESORING! WHAT!! SICISSSSORING!! Tavarer, marner, rithcie.....just wait and see tonight. Investing paper on the score: 6-3. Wait and see. Learn bout it sire.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
gotta say it's pretty interesting if Lilly is in fact paired with Muzzin, instead of Dermott moving up into the top 4.

good sign for Lilly, not so much for Dermott.

My guess is it's one part wanting to give Liljegren an opportunity, another part not wanting to disrupt a pairing Keefe doesn't have to, and yet another part not wanting to run a relatively inexperienced pairing. Will be interesting to see the manner in which TOI is allocated for the blueline.

Reactions: Black hat blue eyes

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
gotta say it's pretty interesting if Lilly is in fact paired with Muzzin, instead of Dermott moving up into the top 4.

good sign for Lilly, not so much for Dermott.
The Dermott-Sandin pairing has been the best on the team in the first two games. I just don't think Keefe wants to try and fix what isn't broken. Should Liljegren impress (he will) I'm thinking Holl is in more trouble if Dermott-Sandin continues to work out.

Reactions: Black hat blue eyes

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Please tell me that Holl-Muzzin isn't a pairing again. They got absolutely shredded apart last game. They both need to be paired with a stronger skater. Edit-Just saw Holl is out sick.

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
Honestly, I'm all in for a Muzzin/lilly pairing. I had doubts about lilly a couple of years ago but has really matured and his Defence has come along leaps and bounds. So much so it feels his offence ( which was his bread and butter when he was drafted) seems to almost be a second thought. He had a game with muzz and looked really solid and allowed Muzz to really open up offensively that game. Granted it was a preseason game. I really want to see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad