Pre-Game Talk: Saturday @ Jets: Woody makes watching games a Mile High Experience again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I have to work tomorrow at the office so I can't have it running like I do during early games when working at home... Not sure if I try to ignore the game so I can watch it after or try to keep up with it ... I swear I thought the game was later than 1 pst.. so sad

Reactions: oilers'72

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I have to work tomorrow at the office so I can't have it running like I do during early games when working at home... Not sure if I try to ignore the game so I can watch it after or try to keep up with it ... I swear I thought the game was later than 1 pst.. so sad

What I do is find a stream you can pause,then you can watch it hours or days later.
For those 8:30 starts, I'd watch the first period, then watch the rest the next morning.

fresh meat

Nov 29, 2018
I know his metrics, but I personally do not see him being missed greatly as a lot will. It will be a very unpopular opinion.

He still looks so unbalanced out there. It's like every single play he makes is by the skin of his teeth. Reaching for a pass, trying to make a pass, reaching for guys instead of pinning them along the boards, whiffing on a lot of chances, and even injuring himself scoring a tap in that he whiffed on lol.

I hope this player improves. I just want him to improve basic things like not being so clumsy holding onto a puck. His stick is also too long. He just doesn't have "it" when you watch him. He just fumbles and bumbles his way through games and has the odd nice poke check or forecheck here and there.

I would be shocked if he got anything over 4 million
The difference should be negligible since McLeod can be elevated from that 2 player fourth line

Reactions: Leonardlizard

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I know his metrics, but I personally do not see him being missed greatly as a lot will. It will be a very unpopular opinion.

He still looks so unbalanced out there. It's like every single play he makes is by the skin of his teeth. Reaching for a pass, trying to make a pass, reaching for guys instead of pinning them along the boards, whiffing on a lot of chances, and even injuring himself scoring a tap in that he whiffed on lol.

I hope this player improves. I just want him to improve basic things like not being so clumsy holding onto a puck. His stick is also too long. He just doesn't have "it" when you watch him. He just fumbles and bumbles his way through games and has the odd nice poke check or forecheck here and there.

I would be shocked if he got anything over 4 million
I’ll agree with you, but he’s not worth 4M, not even close and for all the reasons you mention. Softest big man in the league

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I’ll agree with you, but he’s not worth 4M, not even close and for all the reasons you mention. Softest big man in the league

Wow another post, completely out to lunch.

He's on pace for 50 points or thereabouts.

His current production is inline with guys like Iafallo ($4M), Cirelli ($4.8M), Konecny ($5.5M), and Gourde ($5.2M). Albeit his production will take a hit due to injury.

We would be LUCKY to sign him to a bridge at $4M or less.

Reactions: oilers'72

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
2pm start. I like how they used a random number generator when making the schedule.

Oh nice, I thought this was another late start, this will work well with my plans for Saturday.

Watch the Oilers beat the brakes off the Jets at 4. Meet up with some friends for some Korean BBQ at 8 and then drink our faces off all night.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the Jets had an impressive win last game. It feels like they may have hit their rock bottom, especially now with talk that Scheifele may be gone this summer.

They might have had a come to Jesus moment and will go on a bit of a run

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
the Jets had an impressive win last game. It feels like they may have hit their rock bottom, especially now with talk that Scheifele may be gone this summer.

They might have had a come to Jesus moment and will go on a bit of a run
What’s this about scheifele?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What’s this about scheifele?
Seravelli says there are rumblings that Schiefele is on the outs there. The reasons are unknown. There's a thread on the mains about. Schiefele has gained a reputation as being very poor defensively. Although maybe Scheifele has asked for a trade.

Or maybe it is all BS. Seravelli has a decent reputation, but this could be wrong. Either way, it's a public gut punch to the franchise and that can wake up a team and spur on some wins.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Contract's up at the end of the year. Winnipeg is kinda in purgatory and has been since 2018.

His expiry is RFA so he could get offer sheeted especially since Winnipeg only has $9.9M of cap. He'll probably be asking in the 11.5-10.5 range.
I took a look at capfriendly, it reads Scheifs got 2 more years after this season.

Maybe you're mixed up with Dubois contract? He's the pending RFA at season's end.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I took a look at capfriendly, it reads Scheifs got 2 more years after this season.

Maybe you're mixed up with Dubois contract? He's the pending RFA at season's end.

Yep, you're right, they're right next to each other on CapFriendly. A friend mentioned that to me earlier today, he probably mixed them up too. Oops.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Hot take: Elevating McLeod will be a better fit in the top 6 than Pulju.
McLeod looked good with Kane and Draisaitl. Stats agree (not my article!) ;)
Take The Long Way Home – Lowetide.ca

Forwards-1-5.png

Oh...and yes I know it's a small sample size!
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad