Pre-Game Talk: Saturday @ Jets: Woody makes watching games a Mile High Experience again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Wonder who replaces Puljujarvi in the lineup. I'm thinking we go:

Hyman - McDavid - Yamamoto
Kane - Draisaitl - McLeod
Foegele - RNH - Ryan

Not sure about the bottom line though. I'd call up Griffith or Lavoie and give Perlini a look. Need to rotate in some bodies or else the forwards will be exhausted playing so much, especially with the 11-7 format.
How long Jesse gon be out sire?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
He’s is an Elite third line center. He is finally able to play where he is best suited to play. The Kane signing finally allowed him to be able to play there.

Any player is "best suited" to play in a lower competition role. Could you imagine McDavid as 3C? That doesn't mean anything about that player's ability. In Nuge's case he's easily a top-line level player in his good seasons and a top-6 level player otherwise. Being able to play him against lesser competition as a 3C is a luxury we're fortunate to have. And he's getting his minutes anyways, mainly because he plays significant time on both the PP and PK.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Nice weather in Winnipeg

wtDlGJa.jpg

Reactions: oilers'72

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Will be an interesting game. Hopefully we can pull out a victory. The Minnesota game will be tough however.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
The Jets always play us hard, and I wouldn't be surprised if they....

JK we're gonna win 5-1 f*** em.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You guys are bad, talking about Winnipeg like that (but funny).;):laugh: I can imagine the elites in the GTA usually speak like that about us.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Yes, now we know sire.... and its not good. Jesse is one of the keys of the puzzle. He really battles and makes the world a better place. No matter if he ain't even scesoring... he still makes defense and room for mcdavid.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Yes, now we know sire.... and its not good. Jesse is one of the keys of the puzzle. He really battles and makes the world a better place. No matter if he ain't even scesoring... he still makes defense and room for mcdavid.
I know his metrics, but I personally do not see him being missed greatly as a lot will. It will be a very unpopular opinion.

He still looks so unbalanced out there. It's like every single play he makes is by the skin of his teeth. Reaching for a pass, trying to make a pass, reaching for guys instead of pinning them along the boards, whiffing on a lot of chances, and even injuring himself scoring a tap in that he whiffed on lol.

I hope this player improves. I just want him to improve basic things like not being so clumsy holding onto a puck. His stick is also too long. He just doesn't have "it" when you watch him. He just fumbles and bumbles his way through games and has the odd nice poke check or forecheck here and there.

I would be shocked if he got anything over 4 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad