Satisfied with Today's Deals as a Whole?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
he's certainly worth $6m a season, and if we pay him $7m it's not a massive overpayment.

He supposedly demanded $8M x 8 years from Colorado. If we don't offer him that, why won't he just go to UFA? And if we are willing to pay that (which we shouldn't), then we probably could have signed him as a UFA next year anyway without giving up 4 quality pieces.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
what if I had boobs, I would be a girl ..... :shakehead

TM has said that Grigs needed more development, he isn't going to clear waivers .... maybe you have a different opinion on this but you aren't the GM

Correct on Grigs, and my opinion, average 2nd liner.
And not necessarily on the boobs, u could be transgender.......... just sayin....

As of right now ROR is a UFA. We will overpay to sign him too.

ROR is not a UFA, he has a year left on his current deal. He'll sign a new deal with Buffalo given TM's remarks on the subject.

I have a very different opinion of Grigs than TM. This is an example of one of his biases. Let's see what Grigs does with Colorado. I bet he does great.

It doesn't matter though. He still has value, and they didn't get value back.

Grigs value wasn't as much as your opinion subscribes to. His attitude sucks quite frankly.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
He didn't overpay for RoR. He did overpay for Lehner.

My point above was simply that we'd be in the same place regardless IMO.

I'm pretty happy with where we are personally, but I guess that makes me an "apologist", "pathetic" (or have a pathetic viewpoint), unable to think for myself, and whatever else I've read in the last 2 days.

What worries me is Murray doesn't seem like much of a cap guy.

Based on which contracts?

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

I'm pretty happy with where we are personally, but I guess that makes me an "apologist", "pathetic" (or have a pathetic viewpoint), unable to think for myself, and whatever else I've read in the last 2 days.

Based on the team he is putting together and trading multiple prospects for players like ROR will probably get 8,000,000 on top of that there are still holes and if you want to add Sekera that is going to be 6,000,000. When it comes time to pay Reinhart and Eichel I could see cap trouble.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Based on the team he is putting together and trading multiple prospects for players like ROR will probably get 8,000,000 on top of that there are still holes and if you want to add Sekera that is going to be 6,000,000. When it comes time to pay Reinhart and Eichel I could see cap trouble.

I see.

I'll wait to see how it all shakes out before I make any judgments on whether or not TM is a "cap guy" and whether or not that is something to be worried about.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
RoR is a UFA now? I thought he had a year left on his deal. What a blunder. TM should have checked wikipedia first.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Yup. The RoR deal was fair on both side. He overpaid for Lehner, but I'm willing to see how it plays out. If Lehner becomes a solid starter for us, I'm fine with the trade.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yup. The RoR deal was fair on both side. He overpaid for Lehner, but I'm willing to see how it plays out. If Lehner becomes a solid starter for us, I'm fine with the trade.

The one part of acquiring Lehner I do like is we won't have to pay him much for the next several years.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

I'm gonna bet you haven't actually done the math and are just speculating based on what suits your faux anger.

I did the math a couple months ago and it's completely doable to fit ROR at 7.5 and a sekera type at 6 or so. It's easy for the next three years and even when the Reich twins need their big days it will fit as we shed Moulson Gionta and hodgson.

I know it's fun to spaz first but two seconds of thought will answer and alleviate your fears.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I see a lot of Darcy Regier syndrome. Fall in love with picked players, and in this case prospect potential.
Not good.

I am elated, have no fear in ROR and Eichel signings.
Lehner, while a relatively risky gamble, I don't see the risk as high as others since TM had prior knowledge on him.

This team traded potential for actual and improved in the process.

Whether or not fans admit it, Grigs and Zads wrote their own tickets out of town. Murray also mitigated the KHL risk by jettisoning the Russian factor. Shrewd but wise move.
Compher loss stings a little, but instantly forgotten given talent return.

Tim Murray did a better than average job addressing needs while moving the team in the right direction.

Grade to date: B+

So, you're cool with shipping out the Russians because they were probably leaving anyway? But, Compher stings?

There's a lot of strong opinions flying around but the value truly does hinge on an extension. We've all been saying that for months. One poster noted his value for this upcoming season, which is great but nowhere near what was paid. As I said before, trading Zadorov will make us needing a Zadorov for a long time. The KHL thing is not going to happen with either traded Ruski and a sad argument, frankly.

With that, I'm still undecided.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
He supposedly demanded $8M x 8 years from Colorado. If we don't offer him that, why won't he just go to UFA? And if we are willing to pay that (which we shouldn't), then we probably could have signed him as a UFA next year anyway without giving up 4 quality pieces.
i heard 7 to 7.5 mil which is doable.

By the time 2018 comes and we need to sign Reinhart and Eichel. 15 mil will open up from Gionta, Moulson and Hodgson.

I also think Ennis has a front loaded contract and his contract drops down around then as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad