Satisfied with Today's Deals as a Whole?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Let's take a look at the entire day as one big transaction.

In:
Ryan O'Reilly
Jamie McGinn
Robin Lehner
David Legwand
Jack Eichel

Out:
Nikita Zadorov
Mikhail Grigorenko
JT Compher
#2 Overall 2015
#21 Overall 2015
#31 Overall 2015

Looking at that as one big transaction on the day, are you happy?

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ecstatic, elated, overjoyed....the ROR trade coupled with the Eichel drafting makes today feel like 10-25-91 all over.

Now we just need the Eichel interview saying he's turning pro!

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Don't know why you included Eichel. He was a forgone conclusion. I'm not happy about the Lehner trade, I'm just "OK" with the ROR trade. Until ROR signs and Lehner proves himself, I'll just be a little less than "OK".

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Don't know why you included Eichel. He was a forgone conclusion. I'm not happy about the Lehner trade, I'm just "OK" with the ROR trade. Until ROR signs and Lehner proves himself, I'll just be a little less than "OK".

Because the #2 pick was still an asset that could've been moved. It's a major part of what happened today, so I included it.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Because the #2 pick was still an asset that could've been moved. It's a major part of what happened today, so I included it.

That's fine. I just see it as a no brainer on Tim's part and what he does outside of that pick shows his true worth imo.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
For what it's worth, today has convinced me to pick up NHL 16 when it's out. It's been such a long time since I'll have had such a fun team to play as.

I guess they'll be fun to watch too. ;) I'm pretty darn happy. Be even happier if Lehner proves himself and ROR resigns... like someone else said.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Let's take a look at the entire day as one big transaction.

In:
Ryan O'Reilly
Jamie McGinn
Robin Lehner
David Legwand
Jack Eichel

Out:
Nikita Zadorov
Mikhail Grigorenko
JT Compher
#2 Overall 2015
#21 Overall 2015
#31 Overall 2015

Looking at that as one big transaction on the day, are you happy?

Check back when ROR and Eichel sign contracts

Buckwheat

Jan 15, 2010
NY
The Lehner trade I thought was overpayment at first. Hopefully he can develop into a stud goaltender still being young. Earlier this morning I thought 21st overall was gonna go towards RoR but I guess not. Ecstatic we got O'Reilly though. Feels like Christmas getting Eichel and RoR in one day.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
O'Reilly/McGinn is a good trade assuming ROR signs a tolerable deal.

That Lehner trade is awful, though. Strongly goes against my positional value.

So, leaning no.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
I'm happy about the moves with picking up ROR who can handle the load and keep Eichel from having to be *the guy* right away. McGinn's a nice 20g player as well.

I'm not too thrilled about the Lehner deal. Calgary got amazing value for 15 and a couple 2nds.

After the ROR deal, I do believe that Murray knows how to spend assets to get players. He's come out with the best player in each deal. I am happy with a GM that can trade quantity for quality.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Eichel - A+

ROR - B ... can still be an F if he doesnt re-sign

Lehner - D

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
TM set out what he wanted to do, cash in assets for established players. Still not a fan of Lehner for 21, but I'd rather see this play out than roast TM over it right now.

We could be Boston, let's put it that way.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Eichel should not be included as part of a Murray "deal." Makes no sense.

I'm actually pretty furious. The Lehner deal was a little bit of overpayment. Didn't like that deal, but I'm generally ok with it. The ROR deal is horrifying to me. Everyone is saying it will be ok if we extend him, but do you realize the kind of insane contract we're going to have to give him to extend him? Personally, I'd rather have kept Zad, Grigorenko, 31 and JTC.

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that (a) Murray has tunnel vision. He sets his sights on something he likes and then will do anything to get it; (b) Murray has a lot of personal biases -- e.g., he likes his guys (see Lehner) and is biased against certain other players. His handling of the Grigorenko situation was a joke. I think we will regret trading him and Zads; and (c) he spends prospects and high picks like Monopoly money.

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
I'm a little disappointed... I think they payed heavily for ROR who's going to ask for more then he is worth contract wise. I would have preffered to go after kyle Okposo and I don't think he will have come at the heavy price that ROR came at

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I'm a little disappointed... I think they payed heavily for ROR who's going to ask for more then he is worth contract wise. I would have preffered to go after kyle Okposo and I don't think he will have come at the heavy price that ROR came at

Nor should he. Okposo's not as good of a player as O'Reilly. Not to mention he's a wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad