GDT: satans@note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Might have lost 3 goals, but the more I see Allen, the more I think he is going to be the real deal. I was a lot more cautious than most after his call up during the half season, but I'm really impressed so far this season.

So am I. I think he'll be a really solid NHL starter for a long time. The Best The Blues have had for a long time.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I was skeptical on Lehtera before the season. I'm not now. He's legit too. Really speaks to our depth with two bona fide playmakers down the middle.

Don't forget, we drafted him too!

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lehtera is going to be the primary scoring line center by the end of the season. Tarasenko will play a huge role in that, but Jori's been our best center so far in my opinion.

I'd like to see them spread the minutes out more between the big three centers to keep them all fresh. Come playoff time though, I think Backes will be used in a third line shutdown role.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Jori Lehtera a first line center.

Despite my last post my brain is still fighting that thought.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
For all the talk about the 2010 draft, 2008 is looking pretty good too.

Petro, Allen and Lehtera all contributing, Imo.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
i've basically been Lehterä's biggest fan for the past few years, but I'm still surprised by the ease of his transition to the NHL. I'm still worried about how he'll cope with towards the end of the season, because this is going to be a significantly more demanding season than he has ever had.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Hitchcock gets his 666th win against the Devils.
I saw that too. I absolutely lost it when that popped up on the screen.
I'd still like to see Stastny with Tarasenko and Schwartz. Not permanently, just to try it; I'm curious.
I'm curious too, but STL line has been so dominant that I don't want them broken up.
i've basically been Lehterä's biggest fan for the past few years, but I'm still surprised by the ease of his transition to the NHL. I'm still worried about how he'll cope with towards the end of the season, because this is going to be a significantly more demanding season than he has ever had.
I'm worried about him at the end of the season too. I want to see them try to balance the minutes for all of the top three centers. Maybe we could use Lapierre and Ott more if we're up by three goals in the third or something like that. I want Backes, Stastny and Lehtera as fresh as possible for the postseason. They are going to be the key to our (hopeful) success.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Was at the game. Allen looked pretty darn solid. Tarasenko's goal was a beauty. Steen's was also nice with that tic-tac-toe passing. No idea wtf happened in the last few minutes. Our D looked like the Oilers on a bad day

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Come on guys. I leave you with like 3 minutes left and you manage to allow 3 goals. Robb, have you been cheering for the wrong team?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Tarasenko and Lehterä need to get big minutes on The Blues' #1 power play unit (along with Schwartz, Steen and Shattenkirk). Then, they can use Stastny, Backes, and Oshie with Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester on The 2nd unit. Then BOTH units will be very productive.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Amazing stuff and Frank will get a heap of airplay again (and deservedly so) but I hope the play of Schwartz on that shift isn't underplayed. Just tremendous.

Also what a perfect period by Pietrangelo. Great stuff by him.

That's why I wanted Schwartz back playing with Lehtera and Frank, Schwartz is so much better complemented when he and Tarasenko are on the same line. And Lehtera right in the middle of those two...it's really not fair, and I love it :)

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Thank the lord we signed Stastny and Lehtera because I think Backes looks awful. He looks old and weak. Last year he'd be trucking some of these guys, and this year he goes down all the time.

Totally agree, have thought this way all season so far. Backes and Oshie have been ****ing putrid.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I'd give him at least a 2 year contract. Not like we have any other 4th line centers waiting in the wings. Lapierre knows his role and he's damn good at it, I'd love to have him around for the foreseeable future.

Totally agree, Lappy needs to stay. He has been a very good pick up for us over the second half of last season and the playoffs through now. 2-3 year contract would be perfectly fine with me.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
The :shakehead was because I don't even know where to begin with
your statement.

Gone on for how long?? The season is only 12 games in, and you sure can't blame him on the collapse at end of last season + the playoffs.

You have over 7k posts. surely you understand line chemistry, or do you? Its important...

The guy can't just be given 2 slow forwards and be told be as good as you were with Steen and Oshie, it doesnt work that way, especially after he had his bell rung 10 days ago.

I don't know if you can tell how weak your argument is you're making, but you are really reaching man. I love Backes too, but he has looked like utter doggie stuff (along with Oshie for all 13 games of this season so far. It's been really bad and blatantly obvious, You can go back to the first gdt of this season, and you'll see comments about how off he looks. So I don't really understand why you're trying to make it out like it's only because of Berglund & Jaskin tonight. But no dude...Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino