Post-Game Talk: Sat. Oct. 5th, 2019: Caps v. Canes, Rock the Red (Carpet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Take the point... take some time off and work on PP. 5 of 6 Pts with kuz out I’ll take. Still... garbage play by top line all around in 3 games and especially when needed this game

Yeah it's better than the shootout.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
well, its hard to win the back to back game against a rested team. 2-0-1 in the first 3 is acceptable
Yes but this is the pattern we have seen against Carolina. Carbon copy.

Forsythe’s job should be in jeopardy.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Reirden gave the point away by playing Fehervary. Unlucky bounce of course but he shouldn't have stepped up there. Because he did, Backstrom as a forward had to defend a 1vs2.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Don’t mind that they were a bit exhausted but the PP needs an overhaul. It’s been a problem for almost a year now, certainly not just a one-off thing at this point.
It's been the same PP since they had Oshie. Their PP is to use Ovi as a decoy and play 4 on 4.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Don’t mind that they were a bit exhausted but the PP needs an overhaul. It’s been a problem for almost a year now, certainly not just a one-off thing at this point.

When I saw they were 12th last year I literally gasped. Not even Top 10 anymore.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Reirden gave the point away by playing Fehervary. Unlucky bounce of course but he shouldn't have stepped up there. Because he did, Backstrom as a forward had to defend a 1vs2.
giphy.gif

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Fever played a lot...Siegenthaler got demoted. I dig it.

2-0-1 start, how can you complain? I’d take that any day.

No demotion...normal to spread the wealth on a back to back. I don't mind it. It was stupid to play Fehervary in OT though. Not Reirden's best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad