Post-Game Talk: Sat. Oct. 5th, 2019: Caps v. Canes, Rock the Red (Carpet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's been the same PP since they had Oshie. Their PP is to use Ovi as a decoy and play 4 on 4.

4 on 3 you mean. A player follows of and is taken out of the play.

But Carlson in ov's office leaves no one guarding Carlson. Which was the case tonight.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Game of Thrones banner at the top of my screen. Yeah GoT is a good metaphor for these 3 games.

Dont expect much in beginning
Omg yes this kind of sucks after period (episode) one
Well yeah this is interesting...
OMG I love this show
Can’t wait for next episode
Man they are really building up to a great final period (season)
What a crock of **** ending is this.....
In reflection... not bad. Better than expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridley Simon

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Stinks they lost. Especially to Carolina. Dislike that team. (Too many pesky Finns.) Lol.

However, for a tail end of a back to back and the third game in four nights, all against playoff teams last year, to start the season (ridiculous schedule!) I’ll take 5 out of 6 points.

Big picture is fine. Let’s go Caps!

Last edited:

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Game 7 GWG Holtby beat clean on the left side by a left shot going down the right wing, tonight GWG Holtby beat clean on the left side by a left shot going down the left wing. No screen, no lateral movement. Needs to stop exposing the whole f***ing side of the net.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Holtby saved our bacon early several times preventing this team from collapsing to a 5-1 regulation loss. A lot to clean up. That Oshie post-game interview was very encouraging because he saw the forward mistakes that expose the defenders when they press in this system. That means its a priority for them so very very good news that its been impressed on the team and its understood without coaching when its a flaw.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Game 7 GWG Holtby beat clean on the left side by a left shot going down the right wing, tonight GWG Holtby beat clean on the left side by a left shot going down the left wing. No screen, no lateral movement. Needs to stop exposing the whole ****ing side of the net.
Just my opinion, Holtby was CAPABLE of stopping the Canes 2nd and 3rd goals! He had stopped a couple breakaways earlier in the game, because he came out on the angle and was very patient with the shooter.

On Slavin's goal, he looked like a deer caught in high beam headlights and he appeared to be too deep in his crease because he had backed in too quickly or he got intimidated by Slavin's speed!

On Gardner's OT goal, Holtby cheated for some reason and lost his angle. Backstrom actually was doing the right thing taking away the pass on the 2-on-1, which means the goalie has to have some balls and take the shooter! If Holtby stays on his angle then Gardner has to shoot far corner, deke Holtby out of his skates or attempt to thread a pass to his teammate.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
From the little I saw looks like Badvechkin might be back. Weak passes and effort. I wasn't impressed with Ovi at all. I think some of the laziness in his game is from the responsibility he is given. For instance he is told to stay full 2 minutes on PP but not carry puck. Why not just give him the responsibility of the puck carrier?

Force him to be the puck carrier that gets zone entry on the PP and I guarantee his skills will improve to match the responsibility. The idea that he just stands in a dot and does nothing else comes from the lack of responsibility given by the Caps coaches and its gone on for a while now.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well it sucks to lose to those losers this way but 5/6 it's ok to start.

I hope Samsonov continues to play like he did against Isles because it will make Holtby better. He was good tonight.
The start of that 3rd period on PP so sloppy, I knew the Canes would equalize.
I like that 4th line.
The 3rd line will be better with Eller on it.
Refs = 0

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
Could not watch this game (or the two previous) since I’m on travel far far away from any ice rink or channel that would air one minute of ice hockey. So I really cannot say anything.

But, looking at the highlights from this game, did not Fehervary make some pretty big defensive mistakes? 1st period, he’s our last man and chooses to rush to the neutral zone side board for a missed poke check, which leads to a clean breakaway that Holtby saves. 2nd goal similar. 2 on 3 he rushes to the sideboard for a missed poke check, though this time at his own blue line, which created a 2 on 1.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
From the little I saw looks like Badvechkin might be back. Weak passes and effort. I wasn't impressed with Ovi at all. I think some of the laziness in his game is from the responsibility he is given. For instance he is told to stay full 2 minutes on PP but not carry puck. Why not just give him the responsibility of the puck carrier?

Force him to be the puck carrier that gets zone entry on the PP and I guarantee his skills will improve to match the responsibility. The idea that he just stands in a dot and does nothing else comes from the lack of responsibility given by the Caps coaches and its gone on for a while now.
How about Barry Trotz neutered Ovi and tgen Canes too? Both teams are hard to play against

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
How dare the capitals be 1st in the metro after losing to the mighty CAROLINA HURRICANES

JOKES ASIDE, YOU DARE TO BE FIRST BECAUSE YOU HAVE GAINED MORE POINTS.

Attachments

• DCFE9DD9-007D-4A50-8410-7B7A2AEE7ED3.jpeg
    DCFE9DD9-007D-4A50-8410-7B7A2AEE7ED3.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad