Post-Game Talk: Sat, Oct 12, 8:00p ET: Capitals @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I like Reirdon's comments in the pre-game about insulating Samsonov and that he hopes the guys do that for him.

So do I Todd, so do I.
The team hasn't done that for Holtby. Not sure f anyone else has noticed but the game Samsonov did play in we gave up very few scoring chances. Easily our best defensive effort. Of course it was against an offensively challenged Islanders team.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The team hasn't done that for Holtby. Not sure f anyone else has noticed but the game Samsonov did play in we gave up very few scoring chances. Easily our best defensive effort. Of course it was against an offensively challenged Islanders team.

Todd mentioned that as well. :laugh:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Oh good they're doing the "It wasn't Holtby's fault" in pregame. Yes the hell it was!
Yes and no. Holtby didn't get much help from his teammates but he didn't help himself either. His play in the 3rd period was atrocious.
I wouldn't complete fault Holtby but at some point your goalie has to bail out his teammates. It seems every mistake we made cost a goal.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
They kept getting the lead 4 times. Even by 2 goals and he pissed it away.

The team pissed it away by getting giving up odd man rushes, and not controlling the front of the net. The last goal was one I would put on holtby to stop, if we would have played good defensive hockey we would have won 5-2 and that last goal wouldn't have mattered.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Try not to suck.... I know it’s hard. It’s their natural state. But let’s see if we can exert enough activation energy to lift them to their potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad