Post-Game Talk: Sat, Oct 12, 8:00p ET: Capitals @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
That d core ain’t working.
Now would be a great time for some of those draft picks to come to fruition.

Has nothing to do with draft picks. We dont have the cap space to bring any other defenseman.

Lewington is the only defenseman who fits under the cap.

Gudas is more skilled and more experienced than Lewington, so he should play his offside instead of Lewington.

This is the best possible defence given the cap constraints.

Whether GMBM should have spent so close to the cap in the first place is a different question.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Dowd over Stephenson is a start but yeah.

They have to call up somebody from Hershey as long as Kempny is out. If Reirden wants to play Lewington, he has to sit Jensen. In any case, Gudas needs to play on his natural side and play more minutes for this defense to work. Since it's not gonna happen in this one, Reirden should at least work his ass off to keep that Gudas/Lewington pairing away from Hintz and Seguin...sadly, since he didn't even manage to that at home I'm not too optimistic. Also, Stars apparently getting Dickinson back from injury makes their 3rd line a lot better. Scary.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Has nothing to do with draft picks. We dont have the cap space to bring any other defenseman.

Lewington is the only defenseman who fits under the cap.

Gudas is more skilled and more experienced than Lewington, so he should play his offside instead of Lewington.

This is the best possible defence given the cap constraints.

Whether GMBM should have spent so close to the cap in the first place is a different question.

They can always move Kempny to LTIR or waive Stephenson...his 1 million ass eating nachos doesn't exactly help the Caps defense...
Gudas has zero experience playing the left side and it's easy to see. Caps need him to play big minutes on his natural side...not learning how to play his off side during meaningful games.

Jun 15, 2007
They can always move Kempny to LTIR or waive Stephenson...his 1 million ass eating nachos doesn't exactly help the Caps defense...
Gudas has zero experience playing the left side and it's easy to see. Caps need him to play big minutes on his natural side...not learning how to play his off side during meaningful games.

Kempny to LTIR causes more problems than it solves because then he misses the next 4 as well.

Waiving Stephenson sure.

It's on BM though, not Reirden.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Kempny to LTIR causes more problems than it solves because then he misses the next 4 as well.

Waiving Stephenson sure.

It might not be on BMac or Reirden. Ownership is already paying big bucks to Djoos and Boyd to play in the AHL. Maybe they don't feel like shelling out another million bucks on top of that.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Waiving Stephenson sure.

He might miss them anyway...and even if not...I don't see the problem.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It might not be on BMac or Reirden. Ownership is already paying big bucks to Djoos and Boyd to play in the AHL. Maybe they don't feel like shelling out another million bucks on top of that.

Stephenson down, Djoos up. Problem solved. Or would that put them over the cap?

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Siegenthaler on the first pair, Jensen on the shutdown pair, Gudas playing on the left.

I hope our forwards score 7 goals and Samsonov stends on his head tonight.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Waiving Stephenson sure.

I think BMac is not waiving Stephenson because by playing him, Stephenson would have some decent trade value. Burying him in Hershey just takes ice time away from other forwards who are trying to develop. By the quarter mark, I could still see both Djoos and Stephenson traded to teams that could sustain injuries.

Caps D group is disorganized right now because they are using 5 RD and 1 LD. When Kempny and Fever are back in the lineup, then things will be more balanced.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Siegenthaler on the first pair, Jensen on the shutdown pair, Gudas playing on the left.

I hope our forwards score 7 goals and Samsonov stends on his head tonight.
The way Holtby has played so far, Samsonov will cut down the goals against by half. If Samsonov were to win tonight, then screw team politics and play him again @ home against the Avs!

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
I’m pretty sure BMac is trying to trade Holtby sometime. Or at least, is talking around

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Except for Carlson the entire D corp is learning a new gig. Kempny is out which means 2 rookies rather than one. Orlov is learning to be the lead defenseman on a shutdown pair rather than Niskanen's wing man. Jensen is a top 4 d on a cup level team. Gudas is new to the team and his partner is a rookie. What did you expect?

My guess is that the new aggressive system is working til they get tired. And then....As they get in condition for it and the rest of the league wears down a step, it will work better

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Feels weird to say it, but we need Sammy to steal one....would be a huge morale boost if he was standing on his head tonight.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
While waiting on the game to start, it was sure great to see and hear Dick Irvin on HNIC. Lots of great memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad