The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
This is why we won
Pats-Bud-Light.png

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Hartnell and Voracek. Goal was scored 4 on 4 though so only Jake was out there with him. Vinny was flanked by Schenn and Simmonds.

Well, whatever works. I'm obsessed with Giroux and Vinny being a line. They have enough quality forwards that it wouldn't sacrifice depth. Perhaps because it reminds me of St. Louis/Lecavalier. Is Schenn not reliable as a center?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Well, whatever works. I'm obsessed with Giroux and Vinny being a line. They have enough quality forwards that it wouldn't sacrifice depth. Perhaps because it reminds me of St. Louis/Lecavalier. Is Schenn not reliable as a center?

Actually myself and many others think Schenn is better at center. When Vinny was out with his injuries as well as when he was playing Giroux's wing, Schenn was 2C. Since everyone got healthy and Giroux is back with his regular wingers Schenn got bumped back to wing.

I imagine we'll be seeing Vinny with G and subsequently Schenn at C again sometime in the not too distant future though.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It's pretty funny that despite Giroux scoring his 1st of the season, he's only 2 goals behind Malkin.

No kidding. The main boards are getting on Giroux, but he's not the only player/team to have a bad/brutal start.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
No kidding. The main boards are getting on Giroux, but he's not the only player/team to have a bad/brutal start.

At this point, I need to stay away from the main boards. The amount of people who will take shots at our team is ridiculous. Especially Giroux. So sick of it (even if he's under-performing)

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
Being pessimistic, it was the Oilers at the end of the day. Not that Dubnyk played poorly but I didn't think the Oilers were very good in their own end at all. Decently easy to contain offensively too.

Being optimistic, G was shooting and actually had his best game of the season regardless of scoring a goal or not. Coburn looked solid too. It would be nice if he could return to form.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Good: Victory! Giroux's first (reminded me of his first shift goal against the Pens in Game 6), Giroux overall, Coburn, Jake, Mason, Grossmann.

The bad: B. Schenn's finishing. The five minute major call on Belov was a joke, too.

The ugly: Giroux's turnover that resulted in Edmonton's second goal.

Last edited:

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Streit was good too, especially his two assists, but Coburn and Grossmann both had stand out games.

Coburn looked much more willing to jump into the play, offensively today. I wonder if this is something Berube has been working on?

I remember the first few games of last season, Lavi had our D playing a much more conservative style, pulling back rather than pinching and keeping the cycle going - and the results were similar to what has happened this year, so far. Not much offense. They looked a lot more active today - really kept the sustained pressure on at times.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
very happy for mason-deserves every win he gets-did he make that sprawling save on that shot late?couldnt tell.
sweet ass goal by giroux.
clutch goal by lecavalier.
couturier was great.
they looked like the philadelphia flyers.
on the negative-i wish b.schenn could ****ing finish.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Think my favorite part of the Giroux sequence was Mason coming up to the bench to get in line.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Think my favorite part of the Giroux sequence was Mason coming up to the bench to get in line.

That part made me smile. You could tell everyone on the team was ecstatic that G got his first goal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad