Post-Game Talk: Sat., Nov. 9, 2013|Oilers 2 at Flyers 4

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Man, ANOTHER horrendous non-effort by everyone from start to finish on this PATHETIC roster! I hope Paul Holmgren is working the phones just to get a couple of ECHLers for the high-priced floaters. No heart. No effort. No scoring touch. Just really, really ...

Pardon? They what?

Oh, cool.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
so happy for giroux.someone on here said it reminded him of goal he scored against pens in playoffs-me too.classic giroux goal.is it me or did he look more like himself all game though?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
so happy for giroux.someone on here said it reminded him of goal he scored against pens in playoffs-me too.classic giroux goal.is it me or did he look more like himself all game though?

Definitely. He's playing more aggressively than he has all season. That bodes well for him.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
A win is a win, and it was good for Giroux to get the monkey off his back.

I hope they get right back to work tomorrow and don't party all night and take the day off tomorrow. This team needs to put the work in still.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I think this is the first game this season that Mason played where he didn't have to either steal the game or keep them in it.

I think Giroux had more chances this game than in the last 5 games combined. He was also much more active backchecking after what happened last game.

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011

I hope they get right back to work tomorrow and don't party all night and take the day off tomorrow. This team needs to put the work in still.

They are off tomorrow lol

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
Man, ANOTHER horrendous non-effort by everyone from start to finish on this PATHETIC roster! I hope Paul Holmgren is working the phones just to get a couple of ECHLers for the high-priced floaters. No heart. No effort. No scoring touch. Just really, really ...

Pardon? They what?

Oh, cool.

That made me laugh! Haha

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Being pessimistic, it was the Oilers at the end of the day. Not that Dubnyk played poorly but I didn't think the Oilers were very good in their own end at all. Decently easy to contain offensively too.

Being optimistic, G was shooting and actually had his best game of the season regardless of scoring a goal or not. Coburn looked solid too. It would be nice if he could return to form.

Good to get a win before heading on the road. This team could use some time away from home. Hopefully, they get some teams playing some open hockey in front of their home crowds and the Flyers can open up.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008

Lol spotted G and a few others at Frankfurt hall. They were having a good time.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Hmm, to comment shortly on the game, I thought Coburn had a really good game this time. But, again, it's his streakiness that bothers me. Grossmann was a rock this time, as well.

If there's a Streit bandwagon, I'm on it. If not, I'll start it. As for the other two new guys, Raffl was excellent on the PK, but he just can't get a shot on the goal for the life of him. Vincenzo has his up and down moments, but is, I think, still the best player on the team.

I did not care much for Giroux finally getting his first goal. Oh, and on a related note, I was impressed with Belov on the Oilers team. He also shouldn't have gotten a major for that check on Giroux.

I'm satisfied with the win, obviously, but I hate how they can't get a shorthanded breakaway going, there's always a pass gone bad somewhere in the mix. Same with the empty net goal. A lot of people were making fun of Carter on the Kings team when he scored an empty-netter. Well, it seems there's an art to that, as well. We haven't even begun to learn it, let alone master it. It's not crucial, but still.

Oh, and Rinaldo's play seems to have regressed under Berube. I don't know what it is, but he doesn't really seem to be his old self or what he was last season. He's making stupid plays again, and his passing has been terrible at times. But I guess with the team playing better, that's something we can live with.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Definitely. He's playing more aggressively than he has all season. That bodes well for him.

I think it was you that I was talking to about him not being aggressive, and not trying to level anyone yet this season. Sure enough he tried to flatten someone in this game, and looked a lot more like himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->