Saros Or Rinne in Game 6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Could have sworn he had .909 before and now it says .907 after a shutout?

He was .897 before and is .907 now for the playoffs. Reminder that he still hasn't actually been good on the whole. One bad showing wasn't the reason Saros deserved a start and one good showing isn't proof that you have to stick with Rinne.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I get that Rinne hasn't been that good overall these playoffs, but there's just no defending not giving your (probable) Vezina winner the start in the most important game of the season. If Lavi starts Saros and he craps the bed, Preds fans start asking for his head on a silver spike.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Does anyone else just feel bad that as soon as Pekka finally get's a team around him is when his decline hits? If only Nashville coulda hit this swing two years before hand...

He's literally going to win the award for best Goalie in the league....

I mean. You're right in the sense the decline is near though.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
This forum has been amazing with reverse jinxes this year. Ovechkin, Rinne, the Pens, the Kinghts... all have taken a tumble or have been given a boost by the power of reverse jinx. Even Rick Nash scored two goals after such a thread calling him out. I am thinking of starting a "This Caps team should go all the way" thread, who is with me? :)

Reactions: Ares

Cogsfordogs7

May 20, 2017
So how many Preds fans can name their back up goalie after Rinne’s performance game 6? Didn’t see a who should start game 7 thread. Just curious.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
this team rides and dies with rinne. when his defense comes to play, his numbers reflect that and vice versa
Well it goes without saying. If you have a crap defence - in NSH case, bad in the sense of focusing too much on offense in the vs. Jets losses - and world's best goaltending, you will get pummeled (Montreal, with an added bonus of lack of scoring for a total loss). If you have decent defense and world's best goalie, you probably win. And if you have great defense and world's best goalie, you probably post a shutout (NSH on a good day).

It blows my mind why NSH even tries to play offensive defense after losing 3 times to Jets when attempting that. Conversely, when their D stays home, they have beaten Jets fairly easily. It's not rocket science.

I'll say, it's the NSH defense that decides the outcome of game 7:

- D stays defensive -> NSH will win
- D goes offensive -> NSH will lose.

Reactions: Licentia

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
start saros game 7 srs

first goal tonight was vintage Rinne playoff goal against as in, it happens every playoffs but I don't know whether or not it's a fluke or his fault

second goal tonight, oh my god. Worst display of goaltending I've seen in these playoffs.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
first goal tonight was vintage Rinne playoff goal against as in, it happens every playoffs but I don't know whether or not it's a fluke or his fault

second goal tonight, oh my god. Worst display of goaltending I've seen in these playoffs.
First goal was bad his fault, first as bad or worse than the 2nd.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
First goal was bad his fault, first as bad or worse than the 2nd.

the first one is the definition of bad goal but i've seen it before. You can always call it flukey

second one is fundamentally bad on so many levels, you get to see the error unfolding in his head

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
c7NJRa2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad