Sarnia Sting 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
I hope you’re right regarding Rees. My big concern there is that he had a 10 game “rest” prior to the playoffs, yet was completely invisible out there against Saginaw. 4 games, not a point! Absolutely invisible!
And believe me, his line wasn’t playing against Tippett, McLeod, et al.
There has to be a whole lot of work and development in the offseason if he is to be counted on as a leader of this team
Overrated

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
They won't be that much better next year. They will still be to young to compete with the big dogs. I'd expect another finish around 5-8. Unless Langevin or Lamour take a massive step.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
They won't be that much better next year. They will still be to young to compete with the big dogs. I'd expect another finish around 5-8. Unless Langevin or Lamour take a massive step.
I don’t expect either langevin or lamour to be elite goalies, but I do expect both to be steady goalies, and sarnia never had that this year especially the first half with Hughes coffin and a very inexperienced langevin, langevin showed a lot of promise and heart in the second half... and lamour once he got settled in had some very good games with a few duds... I expect both goalies to be more experienced and motivated to fight for a starting role next year, and that could really help a younger roster in the standings. I hope sarnia defenders just play basic defence next year and just worry about shutting guys down and making a good first pass out of the zone quickly. Not sure if Hogue is kept in the fold, he could be good for quarter backing a power play but my god he just flat out can’t defend. And we need defence next year more than offencesive defenceman that are a liability defensively everytime they are on the ice.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Don't be surprised if Sarnia takes Isaac Enright with their 1st pick tomorrow. 6'0" dman. Elite skating, high IQ, Great passer. Played a ton for his team, ran PP & PK.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
OHL insider on twitter is saying that McTavish guy wants to play in Sarnia. That would be legit.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
OHL insider on twitter is saying that McTavish guy wants to play in Sarnia. That would be legit.
It would be awesome if they didn’t pick him and he landed in sarnia, but I think they do pick him because if he doesn’t report they can trade him for abunch of picks and they get a compensatory 1st rounder next year.

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017
It would be awesome if they didn’t pick him and he landed in sarnia, but I think they do pick him because if he doesn’t report they can trade him for abunch of picks and they get a compensatory 1st rounder next year.

We would receive a comp pick ... however it would be a 2nd Round, 6th Pick as the comp

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
lol I remember my draft day like it was yesterday. Sitting in front of my computer watching myself go un-drafted was a kick in the nuts. Definitely an exciting time for these guys getting drafted and taking the next step in their careers. One big thing has changed, the players have way more power than they did back in my day. you never saw guys telling teams no. I wish them all the best of luck because Minor to Jr is a very intimidating step imo.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sounds like McTavish doesn’t want to go to Peterborough at 5, and Pinelli doesn’t want to go to Windsor at 6... sarnia could steal one of them, and then draft a defenceman with their 2nd pick.

Reactions: davewheeler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Looks like bye bye lamour, no way this kid doesn’t play next year, and I don’t think sarnia gets rid of langevin

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Lol anyone else have a problem with Sarnia taking a goalie with the 7th overall pick? I don't have a problem with them drafting a goalie, I have a problem with them using it on the 7th overall pick.

Reactions: Uncle and dansk55

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Wow. That was not expected. This kid is supposed to be the best prospect (Goalie) in years

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Lol anyone else have a problem with Sarnia taking a goalie with the 7th overall pick? I don't have a problem with them drafting a goalie, I have a problem with them using it on the 7th overall pick.
I was surprised , but if this kid turns into an elite goalie quick, then I don’t lol.. I’m also wondering if sarnia trades for Mason McTavish because his agency wants him to go there ohlinsider said... Windsor got cuylie last year from the Pete’s after he said he wouldn’t play for them so maybe same sort of thing and maybe that’s why sarnia took the best goalie in the draft.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I was surprised , but if this kid turns into an elite goalie quick, then I don’t lol.. I’m also wondering if sarnia trades for Mason McTavish because his agency wants him to go there ohlinsider said... Windsor got cuylie last year from the Pete’s after he said he wouldn’t play for them so maybe same sort of thing and maybe that’s why sarnia took the best goalie in the draft.
I agree... if he turns out to be awesome ill eat my words, but if he's a bust or just average it will be a disaster and we can kiss 20-21 goodbye. Huge boom or bust pick imo. I think Sarnia does have something up its sleeve however, as you mentioned above. Maybe they have a commitment from that kid from Compuware whose committed to the NCAA, just speculating.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Never heard of drafting a goalie that high. Wow. Hope he’s really good really soon. :(
HOWEVER... I’ve often said you don’t go all the way without a GREAT goalie

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Never heard of drafting a goalie that high. Wow. Hope he’s really good really soon. :(
HOWEVER... I’ve often said you don’t go all the way without a GREAT goalie
Just going through the first goalies taken in the draft and a lot of goalies I've never heard of. we'll see how this turns out.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Yep you definitely need a goalie to succeed and this guy has real good size and athleticism... he plays a very calm and composed game but he can make the highlight reel save when needed. But ya definitely a boom or bust for sure... but we need an elite goalie...someone like parsons or dipietro who can play a few years as an elite tender and steal games. So I’m hoping for the best .... but ya I really do and hope sarnia has something up their sleeves, this goalie was by far the best goalie I read but that’s still very high to pick him, seems odd so I’m thinking sarnia has something in the works for a highly touted player or comitmets from Americans in last year draft or guys they are about to take in this draft, which would make up for them taking gaudrea that high. I really hope that’s the case because that would be a strong move by Sinclair in my opinion.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
More and more I read about this goalie the more I get excited... a number of scouts say he’s the best goalie prospect in Canada, and some say he’s the best goalie prospect they have seen in years... I hope that’s true

Reactions: davewheeler

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
More and more I read about this goalie the more I get excited... a number of scouts say he’s the best goalie prospect in Canada, and some say he’s the best goalie prospect they have seen in years... I hope that’s true
Sarnia needs to improve that defence because if we don't it doesn't matter who's in the net. Honestly, Sarnia's defence this year was the worst defence I've seen in awhile. Last thing we need is this guys confidence being shook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad