Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Please tell me you're self-aware enough to realize you are the EXACT same as the London fans you **** on......?

All you do is complain about London and overhype your own team. You were the one that was fighting with literally every single person who didn't have Sarnia top 5 in the conference because you thought they were going to be so amazing. Reality check: they're dead last in the conference and you're still here complaining about London.

Stop embarrassing yourself already

P.s. and I'm not even a Knights fan in any way. I'm just so sick of the people on this forum who act like they know everything meanwhile literally everything they say is dead wrong. And you lead that brigade lately

10 games into the season and I’m already going to be dead wrong? Let’s circle back around to this conversation at the end of the regular season. I stand by what I said and would put money on Sarnia finishing top 5 in the conference. The entire league has judged this Sarnia team when literally their two best forwards, top 2 defensemen and all but 1 goalie were out of the line up. They are STILL missing their top 2 D and just went 4-0 since Rees and McGregor came back. Knocking off the two top teams in the league.

All I do is complain about London? That’s funny because up until today I haven’t given two s***s about London or what they do. But when they call out my city and my team then expect a few shots to be fired back. You and I both know that this whole waiver situation could easily be reversed and London would do the exact thing we did. I was completely fine with everything until I had to start defending my team after they were slandered so heavily.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Filthy, Filthy goal from Rees.
Tabak also has 2 points again.

Another sick goal by Rees. Kid is an absolute stud. Where are those people that wanna trade him ?

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Another unbelievable performance from Rees' line.. He & Josling are on fire !
Rees ~ 3G, 1A
Tabak ~ 2G, 2A
Josling ~ 1G, 3A

Last edited:

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
The boys do it again!! Never would have predicted this sort of comeback to the season!!
Good play is infectious.
Of course, McGregor has to score in the last minute to ruin my 6-4 outcome. Only sour note of the night

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
What were some of us trying to tell you Tabak haters? Wait to see how he does when we are healthy. 10 Points in 12.1 games.

To be fair, 6 of those points were the last two games playing on a line he wouldn’t be playing on if Perreault wasn’t hurt...lol. Good to see him make the best of the opportunity. Might give the coaching staff more options going forward.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Gotta feel for Gaudreau. All 4 goals against were deflections that no goaltender was going to stop. Just bad luck, plain and simple. Another good start for the young man.

Reactions: Maddangler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Josling now sits 2nd in league scoring. 1 point behind Byfield who has two games in hand. Josling has been on a mission this season.
I had him pegged as a probable 40 goal scorer at the beginning of LAST year but that sure didn’t happen. Perhaps this year?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I had him pegged as a probable 40 goal scorer at the beginning of LAST year but that sure didn’t happen. Perhaps this year?
Him & Rees have it cooking right now. No matter if its Roth or Tabak on the other side. This is what I've been expecting since i first saw Rees play. His skill is off the charts.. Josling is a perfect winger for him. Works hard, drives the net & a good finisher around the net.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Josling now sits 2nd in league scoring. 1 point behind Byfield who has two games in hand. Josling has been on a mission this season.
They've given Josling an extra assist. So a 5 points game tonight for Josling! Puts him into a tie for 1st in OHL scoring!

Reactions: Maddangler

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
With how Josling is playing, and with Rees and McGregor the Sting are playing great hockey. They have received great goaltending over this 5 game stretch and I think they have shown that the first 6 games were due to circumstances that are behind them now. Nice to see them competing hard every night now.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
With how Josling is playing, and with Rees and McGregor the Sting are playing great hockey. They have received great goaltending over this 5 game stretch and I think they have shown that the first 6 games were due to circumstances that are behind them now. Nice to see them competing hard every night now.

Agreed congrats where congrats are earned nice bounce back by the Sting! Important for them to do well Sarnia needs butts in the seats. I know he is the type of guy you either love or hate but Hatcher drives me nuts. LOL ..... keep it up Sarnia.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
[QUOTE="Ferda11, post: 165882135, member: 275869] You and I both know that this whole waiver situation could easily be reversed and London would do the exact thing we did.[/QUOTE]

As a London fan I agree 100% with you. The only thing I would also agree to is if the shoe was on the other foot fans of Sarnia would act just like London fans are as well? If you can agree on that one I am on board with you all the way! Cheers on the recent Sting success.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
"As a London fan I agree 100% with you. The only thing I would also agree to is if the shoe was on the other foot fans of Sarnia would act just like London fans are as well? If you can agree on that one I am on board with you all the way! Cheers on the recent Sting success.

Oh 100% we all would be in fits as well! I will not argue that one bit! lol. Cheers.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Oh 100% we all would be in fits as well! I will not argue that one bit! lol. Cheers.
This whole deal is why the waiver system is in place. Prevents the “haves” from gathering all the players who would wish to play there. It’s a parity thing, and without it, only the big centers would be competitive.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
These next 3 games should tell you alot about this team. @ Ottawa, Vs Flint & @ Owen Sound. 3 tough, tough teams. Obviously as of now no Perreault, Reesor, Kammerer which sucks & Gaudreau will be gone but it's a good test to see where we stand.

Reactions: Texcanuck

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
These next 3 games should tell you alot about this team. @ Ottawa, Vs Flint & @ Owen Sound. 3 tough, tough teams. Obviously as of now no Perreault, Reesor, Kammerer which sucks & Gaudreau will be gone but it's a good test to see where we stand.
A couple weeks ago I wouldn’t have given us a chance in any of them. I so underestimated the contribution of Rees and McGregor.
Right now we could win anywhere between zero and three of those games.
I’m picking two as my realistic target (since I’ve already picked an OT loss on Sunday....)

Last edited:

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sting currently first in league in goals scored per game at 4.83 gpg.
Goals against not so great...

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Looking forward to this one today. I’m hoping the boys aren’t overly confident like some teams get while on a win streak. Gotta stick to the game plan and work for every inch of ice out there.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
No TV for the game. Provider in Ottawa isn't carrying it. That is just stupid annoying.

Gaudreau gets the start. Sorta surprising. See what he can do!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad