Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sting fans, how has Tabak looked this season?

I see he has two assists tonight.
Getting better, I think he will be a good 19 year old player, definitely got bigger and stronger over the off season needs to use his body more and get more physical

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Big win! Huge win for langevin ... Pete’s made a big push in third but sarnia held them off.... top 6 forward and 2 top 4 dman out of the line up aswell , keep building on this

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Big win!

Langevin was lights out. He made several MASSIVE saves. He deserves first star and then some.

Team defence was a lot better tonight. Still 4-5 extended periods in our end but it’s a work in progress.

Nolet is going to make things very hard for the coaching staff once Reesor and Kammerer are back. He was fantastic tonight.

Wish I didn’t change my prediction!! Always stick with your gut I guess!!

Reactions: massey and jp88

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Lets go!!! Langevin absolutely stellar. All of a sudden 4 straight & two against teams in the CHL top-10. The team has definitely bought in to whatever Hatcher wants. The effort has been very high. Now we hope Perreault is only day to day

Reactions: massey and robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Big win!

Langevin was lights out. He made several MASSIVE saves. He deserves first star and then some.

Team defence was a lot better tonight. Still 4-5 extended periods in our end but it’s a work in progress.

Nolet is going to make things very hard for the coaching staff once Reesor and Kammerer are back. He was fantastic tonight.

Wish I didn’t change my prediction!! Always stick with your gut I guess!!
Ya I think Nolet stays in, Jako, dillingham and mast(only because hes 16) will alternate I would think

Reactions: massey

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Perreault with an upper body injury - not sure the time line for return. Such bad luck with injuries on this team.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I'll admit that Tabak has come a long way since coming to the Sting. He has looked stronger and faster this year so far. He still gets a little too "floaty" at times. He played pretty good last night getting a chance on top line with Perreault out but with the depth of this team up front, he is 3rd line at best. I MUCH rather him play wing then center. He can't win a damn faceoff.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
ACCORDING to the OHLInsider, Sarnia is sitting on Myskiw knowing that he never had any intentions of coming to a "bottom team". London fans already whining on their board. Didn't know 9th in the conference wasn't considered a bottom team :rolleyes:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
ACCORDING to the OHLInsider, Sarnia is sitting on Myskiw knowing that he never had any intentions of coming to a "bottom team". London fans already whining on their board. Didn't know 9th in the conference wasn't considered a bottom team :rolleyes:
I believe you will see some movement on the goaltending with Sarnia, London and Sudbury after this weekend. Just a hunch. With the impending deal of Porco I think you will see some teams make some moves. Dunkley, Kooey in London will be with new teams soon IMO.

WJ

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

Fully within Sarnia's rights. Kid can't expect to be waived through his league and have his pick of where he waltzes in to play. If he doesn't have a pro contract yet time to come to terms with it and go play college or University hockey.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Fully within Sarnia's rights. Kid can't expect to be waived through his league and have his pick of where he waltzes in to play. If he doesn't have a pro contract yet time to come to terms with it and go play college or University hockey.

Bang on. At the end of the day, this league is still a business. Sinclair saw an asset that he had the RIGHT to claim and he did just that. Whether that asset turns into a draft pick or part of a packaged deal, its a win for Sarnia and a smart business move. London is just upset that money couldn't buy a waiver claim. Get over it. We all know damn well London would do exactly what Sarnia just did.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Bang on. At the end of the day, this league is still a business. Sinclair saw an asset that he had the RIGHT to claim and he did just that. Whether that asset turns into a draft pick or part of a packaged deal, its a win for Sarnia and a smart business move. London is just upset that money couldn't buy a waiver claim. Get over it. We all know damn well London would do exactly what Sarnia just did.
Loved your post on the London site... beautiful!!

massey

Sep 5, 2012

LOL agree 100%,Cant believe but can believe the whining on the London board. People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Lol

Would be awesome to pick up another 6 points this weekend.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
You know, just my opinion, London hasn’t had a very good GM since Basil McRae left for Columbus. And... ssshhh.. I don’t think they realize it.

Reactions: robp1219

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
London fans being this upset over a waiver claim is so amusing. Funny thing is if Sarnia wins tonight they pass London in the standings!

But Myskiw doesn't wanna play for a bottom feeder tho right ?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
There's an upside to a "bottom feeder" picking you, though. This is a chance to show what you can do; get them out of the basement and it looks REALLY good on you.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
There's an upside to a "bottom feeder" picking you, though. This is a chance to show what you can do; get them out of the basement and it looks REALLY good on you.
Im tired of it. I understand the complaints, we all want what's best for the kid & for all players in the OHL. But i am over these kids picking & choosing where they wanna play. I read all these people saying "It isn't fair to him he wants to play" well if that's the case then he shouldn't be London or Nothing. I'm sorry but i dont feel bad for him at all.

Reactions: robp1219
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->