Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Not sure what is worse, the weather or the sting. Both equally as bad tonight! Embarrassing effort from start to finish.

That may have been Rees' worst game of the season. For whatever reason he & Perreault couldn't control the puck at all. Both fell on clear cut breakaways.

Bright side Reesor gets 2 assists lol. He was solid again. -2 but the 1st Gaudreau should've had (the only bad goal tonight for the goalies).. See how bad Friday is in Kitchener...

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Well, I’m glad I waited for that one before making my weekend picks.
KITCHENER 11 Sting 3
SOO 9 Sting 4

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
10 Games left of this miserable season. Over getting angry after these losses because they've happened so frequently this year.

One of the biggest off seasons in franchise history coming up. Need an all new coaching staff that actually knows what they're doing & need to hit on the 3rd OHL pick & the Top-10 Import pick.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
10 Games left of this miserable season. Over getting angry after these losses because they've happened so frequently this year.

One of the biggest off seasons in franchise history coming up. Need an all new coaching staff that actually knows what they're doing & need to hit on the 3rd OHL pick & the Top-10 Import pick.
Curious if Roth remains an OA candidate. I count 14 points in 25 games since the Christmas break.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Curious if Roth remains an OA candidate. I count 14 points in 25 games since the Christmas break.
He will be back. Sounds like he had an injury shortly after Christmas & played thru it which slowed him down a bit. Not to mention for some reason we've bounced him around on the PP when he's been pretty good on PP1 which also didn't help.

Do wish he'd shoot more considering how good of a shot he has. Tries to make the pretty play over the easy play to much. A common theme with this team unfortunately.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
They’re not even that bad. They just refuse to engage anybody down low in the defensive zone in the first two periods. A healthy roster and a good coach and they’re better than some other teams in the West.

Bingo.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I keep telling myself to not get mad but it's so painfully hard watching this team play at home and watching Hatcher look like a baboon behind the bench every game. The talent is there, we have good players!!! Why can't this organization see that it's the coaching that is the problem. I rather have Jeff Perry coach this team lol. I'm already committed to not renewing my tickets if that big dummy Hatcher is behind the bench again next season. I mentally can't put myself through another season like this. It's embarrassing just watching.

I've said this so many times but this is 100% not on our goalies. Ben should have had the 1st one but the rest were missed assignments by the defense. Guys left WIDE open in the slot. The systems these boys have to follow haven't worked all year and the coaching staff can't figure out how to make anything work. I just hope this doesn't ruin Ben's confidence moving forward. Leave it to Sarnia to screw over the best goalie prospect in years!

Alright I'm done ranting...I'm just going to start bringing in a flask every game...gotta be drunk to watch this garbage!

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
He will be back. Sounds like he had an injury shortly after Christmas & played thru it which slowed him down a bit. Not to mention for some reason we've bounced him around on the PP when he's been pretty good on PP1 which also didn't help.

Do wish he'd shoot more considering how good of a shot he has. Tries to make the pretty play over the easy play to much. A common theme with this team unfortunately.
Ok thanks. That would return us an extra 5th round pick I believe.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Yes, because having Marko play forward with his offensive skill is the key to winning hockey games......:rolleyes:
Drives me nuts how he is in the lineup every game, nolet and Dillingham are both better than him and younger and could use the ice time to develope, and they also play him at forward over younger forwards who need to develope. If hatcher is still in charge next season marko is brought back as an OA and plays every game next season I guarantee it.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I’m out there last night, the score is 7-1 and the Flint team is throwing themselves in front of shots when the goalie is out of position. They have the passion.
On the other hand, our guys are absolutely gutless. I’ve seen about 2 or 3 blocked shots all season by the sting.
Pathetic.

Reactions: dansk55

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I keep telling myself to not get mad but it's so painfully hard watching this team play at home and watching Hatcher look like a baboon behind the bench every game. The talent is there, we have good players!!! Why can't this organization see that it's the coaching that is the problem. I rather have Jeff Perry coach this team lol. I'm already committed to not renewing my tickets if that big dummy Hatcher is behind the bench again next season. I mentally can't put myself through another season like this. It's embarrassing just watching.

I've said this so many times but this is 100% not on our goalies. Ben should have had the 1st one but the rest were missed assignments by the defense. Guys left WIDE open in the slot. The systems these boys have to follow haven't worked all year and the coaching staff can't figure out how to make anything work. I just hope this doesn't ruin Ben's confidence moving forward. Leave it to Sarnia to screw over the best goalie prospect in years!

Alright I'm done ranting...I'm just going to start bringing in a flask every game...gotta be drunk to watch this garbage!
In addition to all the obvious stuff you’ve stated, it just surprises me that forwards are able to drive to the net with the puck with so little resistance the last few games vs Flint I’ve seen. Just stick checking and even that seems half hearted. Earlier in the year when I saw them (and last year to a degree too) they had forwards generating offense and were a serious offensive threat. They still are but not like they could be. They came out hitting and trying to intimidate early in the year and they did. You could sense it in the stands. The Firebirds all had their heads up. Go rewatch that first game vs Flint and tell me Hatcher didn’t just look like a shark out there. There’s no “tough” teams in the O anymore but Sarnia was about as close as them come. Yes, Flint has gotten bigger and tougher but it just seems like the Sting have lost their edge lately. I think Gaudreau is gonna be fine and still be a Star soon, I’ve been really impressed with Voit and Nolet too. They make the right offseason moves and get a new coach, they’ll be good next year. I figured this year would be a struggle but I also figured they’d be selling McGregor and Josling. I would have liked to have seen either cross the bridge to finish their season.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Drives me nuts how he is in the lineup every game, nolet and Dillingham are both better than him and younger and could use the ice time to develope, and they also play him at forward over younger forwards who need to develope. If hatcher is still in charge next season marko is brought back as an OA and plays every game next season I guarantee it.
It annoys me to no end Nolet sits every 3rd game. He has been are best Defenceman this year & it isn't close. There isn't a coach in the league that would choose to sit him & Move Jakovljevic to forward over young Fs who need ice time in a rebuilding season.

It's a joke. The boys legitimately look lost out there. They have no idea what they are supposed to do in their own end.

Has Hatcher used one timeout this season outside of the final 3 minutes of a game? I don't believe he has. Which once again is a joke. You have a young team!!! Call a TO & try to calm them down. Instead he stands there with has arms crossed yappin at the refs about nothing when he could he trying to teach the guys something, anything..

I dont blame the players one bit for mailing in the season. As some have mentioned let's hope it doesn't kill Gaudreau's/Langevin's confidence. Let's also hope multiple guys don't request trades.. I've heard multiple guys will if Hatcher stays around.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I still have hopes we could be a really solid team next year. We have a solid foundation. Couple high-end Forwards in Rees, Perreault even Roth at times. 7 returning D & i have high expectations for Reesor, Nolet, Hjorth. Gaudreau/Langevin in net should form an above average goalie tandem.

+ top3 OHL pick & a top10 Import pick which could be immediate impact players. Especially the import.

But it all goes to hell if Hatcher is back. We need coaches with experience & ones that know how to teach a proper system & that communicate with the guys. If that happens i think we could compete. If not it'll be another wasted year.

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
I'm packing it in like the Sting and no longer making the prediction picks. Unless I'm in 1st place there is no hope in catching up at this point since everyone is going to pick a sting loss

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I'm packing it in like the Sting and no longer making the prediction picks. Unless I'm in 1st place there is no hope in catching up at this point since everyone is going to pick a sting loss
Yeah, I’ve made the mistake of picking a couple of home wins lately... FOOL

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
U know the season went south when people give up predicting the score because we all know they'll lose lmao.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Ice Dogs win!!! Ice Dogs win!!!
We’re only 6 points ahead of them and Kingston. Wish we had more home games than we do.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Don't give up! Your're only 3 points behind!! Remember, if you guess the correct score you get 2 points instead of one. It's still a 5 man race! Sorry Tone, your optimism got the best of you this time lol.

1. Ferda11 - 37 pts
2. StingUpdates - 37 pts
3. The Howler - 35 pts
4. Texcanuck - 35 pts
5. Lazyboy - 34 pts
6. Tone - 20 pts

I'm assuming robp1219 and davewheeler gave up. Both at 12 pts but haven't made predictions in a while.

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
Don't give up! Your're only 3 points behind!! Remember, if you guess the correct score you get 2 points instead of one. It's still a 5 man race! Sorry Tone, your optimism got the best of you this time lol.

1. Ferda11 - 37 pts
2. StingUpdates - 37 pts
3. The Howler - 35 pts
4. Texcanuck - 35 pts
5. Lazyboy - 34 pts
6. Tone - 20 pts

I'm assuming robp1219 and davewheeler gave up. Both at 12 pts but haven't made predictions in a while.
I guess I will have to look for alternate ways to increase my retirement income.

Reactions: Ferda11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad