Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Question....WHAT IF the Sting go on a tear like they did earlier in the season and somehow win enough and ER/SSM or OS somehow lose enough and the Sting squeak into the 8th spot? How pissed/happy would you be? Keep in mind this could mean a sting/knights 1st round match up.

If you could chose, would you rather have the 3rd or 4th pick or a 1st round match up with the Knights?
Probably take playoffs. Alot of times the last team you wanna play in the playoffs is the hottest team. Not like London is a powerhouse either. If Gaudreau could play his best in the series i bet we could take a few.

But we all know this won't happen haha. On top of are inconsistent play are schedule is just tough. Hard to imagine we beat Flint, Kitchener, Saginaw right now.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
For a rare time this year i actually have a good feeling about this game. Rees&Perreault are due for a big game & McGregor is coming off his 1st Hatty.

Imagine Gaudreau starts & Reesor draws back in. It's a near must win for the Soo tho so if we dont match their effort it could be a long day.

Reactions: Texcanuck

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
For a rare time this year i actually have a good feeling about this game. Rees&Perreault are due for a big game & McGregor is coming off his 1st Hatty.

Imagine Gaudreau starts & Reesor draws back in. It's a near must win for the Soo tho so if we dont match their effort it could be a long day.
And it’s a road game....

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Guessed wrong. Langevin starting. They played well in their only game together but I'm not sure in a Reesor-Mast pair. 2 massive guys but not elite skaters & not great puck movers. Id run~

Nolet-Reesor
Mast-Kammerer
Hjorth-Stratis

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Best 1st period of the year?? Wow! We actually looked good! Solid D-Zone coverage, great passing, breakouts & the PP looked amazing!

See if they can keep it up in the 2nd&3rd.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
All around good effort! Only 27 shots allowed. PP was great, PK was good & Langevin was steady. If only that's how we played every night!

Rees was dancin today. Guy finally scoring. Up to 16 Goals now.. I thought Mast-Reesor were dynamite today. Totally shut it down defensively. Stratis was also a rock back there i thought.

See if we can keep this level of effort up from here on out.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
This game in a way annoyed the hell out of me. All year in my mind we (on paper) were better than SSM/ER/OS & even GUE. So us playing such a great road game in what was a must-win for them almost annoys me lol.

We kept them to the perimeter, didn't allow a ton, generated chances, PP was great & are top guys outplayed their top guys. How we should've been playing all year..

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
This game in a way annoyed the hell out of me. All year in my mind we (on paper) were better than SSM/ER/OS & even GUE. So us playing such a great road game in what was a must-win for them almost annoys me lol.

We kept them to the perimeter, didn't allow a ton, generated chances, PP was great & are top guys outplayed their top guys. How we should've been playing all year..
woulda coulda shoulda... story of the sting... always next year...as the March saying goes

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

One of the players to keep an eye out for come draft day. Dalyn Wakely. All around Centre with a big shot. Lead the OMHA in scoring this year with 72 points in 36 games.

Another one I'm a fan of is Pano Fimis who plays for the Toronto Jr Canadians. Super skilled & Speedy Centre.

For people who wanna know more about who we may end up with here is a ranking with scouting reports on the players.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
5-4 (OT) Flint
6-3 Kitchener
5-3 Sarnia

Think we will play fairly well but two tough opponents to start.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
5-4 (OT) Flint
6-3 Kitchener
5-3 Sarnia

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
5-4 (OT) Flint
6-3 Kitchener
5-3 Sarnia

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
5-4 (OT) Flint
6-3 Kitchener
5-3 Sarnia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad