Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Langevin was robbed of his shutout by the refs. The puck was clearly grabbed and dragged in by the Windsor player.

From the overhead view, it does look like Foody puts the puck into the net by his hand, but if you watch from the side view, you can clearly see that Douglas shoots the puck in under Foody's glove.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
From the overhead view, it does look like Foody puts the puck into the net by his hand, but if you watch from the side view, you can clearly see that Douglas shoots the puck in under Foody's glove.
Could some one post that view, as far as I know the only camera positions in Sarnia are across from the benches and the north west end of of the arena.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Could some one post that view, as far as I know the only camera positions in Sarnia are across from the benches and the north west end of of the arena.
Even the game highlight on the ohl website pretty clearly shows how the puck went in. It was shot in.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
So do we just start Langevin every game since no one else can stop a beach ball?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I suggest he should start the next two. After that, hard to say. On 3-game weekends he should get at least 2; on 2-game weekends, he ought to have the opportunity to start both. He’s a young guy, and frankly games are less of a workout (physically) than practices. Just have to keep an eye on his mental sharpness if things get wobbly.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
IMO the organization should sit down with Langevin and tell him he's the starter long term. If they don't it will be problematic in the future and be detrimental to his development both as a player and more important mentally.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
IMO the organization should sit down with Langevin and tell him he's the starter long term. If they don't it will be problematic in the future and be detrimental to his development both as a player and more important mentally.
I’d have to guess he’s figured that out at this point

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Would it be fair to say that I won't need to buy tickets in advance for Wed's game against London? I can just walk up to the box office an hour before the game and purchase tickets?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Would it be fair to say that I won't need to buy tickets in advance for Wed's game against London? I can just walk up to the box office an hour before the game and purchase tickets?
Likely correct. Sting website has a very effective ticket sale program. Go to menu, click tickets, choose The London game, click “choose your seats” and you can see how full things are.
If you opt to buy online, you can pick them up at will-call (40 feet left of the box office) prior to the game.

Reactions: nelli27

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Likely correct. Sting website has a very effective ticket sale program. Go to menu, click tickets, choose The London game, click “choose your seats” and you can see how full things are.
If you opt to buy online, you can pick them up at will-call (40 feet left of the box office) prior to the game.
Thank you.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Everything Tex said. However London games usually sell out.

Reactions: Texcanuck

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
More blah, blah, blah on Observer website re hazing. Lots of shade being thrown on the coach at the time, which I agree with totally. Nobody is more responsible for the team’s behavior, in the locker room and on the road from the time the bus leaves until it gets back to town, than the coach

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Will we give Coffin a couple more tries or just grab Ceci from Oshawa as Langevin’s backup? Actually surprised that wasn’t part of the deal for Hughes...

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Will we give Coffin a couple more tries or just grab Ceci from Oshawa as Langevin’s backup? Actually surprised that wasn’t part of the deal for Hughes...
And that might happen as Keyser leaves for the WJs, Gens have 4 Oa's and one is Ceci and was already told that he would be the odd man out,gens need an ohl ready goalie to backup Keyser when returns as the gens have a 16 old that not ready. So I see Hughes will get his share of net time till the return of Keyser.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Or was it just poor development?
I think it was his lack of desire to dedicate himself to the game. A rather sad story - he was basically handed the starting job and couldn’t make it work.
So it’s clearly Langevin whenever he can go and Coffin whenever he’s needed. With any luck Coffin can relax, work hard on his weaknesses and become a backup who can win half his games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad