Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Which ones were highly regarded? Hogue? Maybe , kAmmerer what was he a
Yeah, I forgot him. He may be as good as Schlichting by this time next year. Remember Connor was in the doghouse for a couple years (mainly due to injury) before becoming an absolute stud in his OA year
hea already big, dominant defensively, and a good skater, if he can be more confident making an offensive play here and there he will be a great dman

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
However good or bad the defense, in order to be successful, your goalie has to make big save at a big time. Goalie absolutely HAS TO stop the first shot of the game. Goalie HAS TO stop the next shot after his team scores.
The problem this team has is that the defense hasn’t been able to trust goalies to make the first save. Once they can trust the goalie to make that stop, they can concentrate on being there to clear any rebounds. They are beginning to trust Langevin and have started to let him make that stop and clear out the area around the net. They haven’t been able to do so with either of the others, so they get caught in no mans land, half trying to stop the shot and half trying to clear rebounds. Half-trying anything leads to almost certain failure. I believe they will all get better once they’re more used to playing together.
not sure i understand your logic. They do play differently from goalie to goalie. they should be there to clear rebounds regardless. The problem is, you cannot blame the goalie for that loss to Kingston. Coffin is not our future but defence are like pylons. Forward don't pick up their wingers. This is not rocket science and if they haven't learned that by now, they need to move on.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
How was this a good trade, he never played a meaningful game for the sting. A great player but never helped the sting with his injuries after we got him.
you cannot count injuries as an out for contributions. And how as CS in the doghouse because of injuries?

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Lol sting made an in game trade .. Terry Doyle announced it on tv ... waiting to hear it........ Goalie Cameron Lamour from Saginaw for a 4th I think it was

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Lamour- Younger goalie with ohl experience, sting won’t need to use an OA spot on him next year which is good Langevin starter and Lamour the back up. I think that will be just fine for the next season maybe 2. Rees, Perrault And Langevin continue to impress me, skill and they work hard an never give up on pucks.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Lamour- Younger goalie with ohl experience, sting won’t need to use an OA spot on him next year which is good Langevin starter and Lamour the back up. I think that will be just fine for the next season maybe 2. Rees, Perrault And Langevin continue to impress me, skill and they work hard an never give up on pucks.
big win over the Knights;

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

a 4th (and maybe 5th) for a goalie with a .842 save %.......? 10 games too so not really small sample size

And was .867 last year in 17 games. That seems like a very steep price for a backup goalie who has been far below league after for over 30 OHL games now

Reactions: Ferda11

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
He will bring in more than salintri did

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. I could see it either being like the Salinitri trade and be just picks. Or the Murray trade and it's a young player who wasn't working out on his current team (i.e. Stepien)

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
a 4th (and maybe 5th) for a goalie with a .842 save %.......? 10 games too so not really small sample size

And was .867 last year in 17 games. That seems like a very steep price for a backup goalie who has been far below league after for over 30 OHL games now
I didn’t see the conditional pick until now, the sarnia scouts must see something in this kid to give that up, and also get rid of Hughes and most likely release coffin. To do all that for this guy I’m sure the scouts have seen something they like or upside in his play.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I didn’t see the conditional pick until now, the sarnia scouts must see something in this kid to give that up, and also get rid of Hughes and most likely release coffin. To do all that for this guy I’m sure the scouts have seen something they like or upside in his play.
I've seen both Hughes and Lamour a few times. Not much of a difference in actual results. Last year Hughes did have at least one solid outing in Flint (maybe 2?). Seems like an odd acquisition for you guys.

Reactions: dansk55

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
The production is finally encouraging, but does Ryan McGregor's game warrant an entry-level contract from the Leafs. It's nice to see his production at a PPG level and I know he is defensively-conscious and a leader, but does he have it?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Good game for the Sting. Leufvenius really impressed as well as a few others (your captain for one). A little better goaltending and this game would have been won in regulation.
Good job, players missing not withstanding, the Knights looked awfully ordinary and unimpressive (especially defensively).

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Time will tell with the acquisition of Lamour...at first glance his numbers are not very impressive at all. 4th round pick seems pretty steep at the moment.

Fun game last night. Thought the Sting could and should have won that in regulation but 2 pts is 2 pts. Langevin rebounded nicely after the 3 quick London goals. He had no chance on the first goal. Rees was fantastic....you can start to see him get his legs back after that 2 month long injury. I expect him to be a regular on the score sheet each game. Sting PP was god awful...need that to get going. Always fun beating the Knights tho!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The condition on the fifth is if he plays his overage year. I highly doubt sarnia uses an OA on a back up goalie assuming langevin keeps improving which is looking like he is. I’d assume sarnia drafts a goalie in the first few round this year, let’s him develop at tier 2 junior A and then has the goalie back up langevin the year after when Lamour leaves.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Capture.PNG

Didn't see it but if this is the case then I hope there was a camera on it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad