Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Interesting test coming up on Friday. Playing a team that’s slightly ahead in the standings (with games in hand) but they are without at least 2 of their better players. We have Hugo back and are missing only Ruzicka, who a lot of posters have little value for.
Win, and I begin to believe that this team can be as good as #4 or 5 seed in the conference. Lose, and I’m afraid we’re looking at a #7 or 8 seed. These are the kind of games that will have to be won to have any hope of going to a second round in the playoffs.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Interesting test coming up on Friday. Playing a team that’s slightly ahead in the standings (with games in hand) but they are without at least 2 of their better players. We have Hugo back and are missing only Ruzicka, who a lot of posters have little value for.
Win, and I begin to believe that this team can be as good as #4 or 5 seed in the conference. Lose, and I’m afraid we’re looking at a #7 or 8 seed. These are the kind of games that will have to be won to have any hope of going to a second round in the playoffs.
I rather us Sweep London and lose to Owen Sound. Obviously I want us to win all 3. Hoping Langevin plays Friday & Monday.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
God I hope sarnia doesn’t do this!

Attachments

• EDF44E8E-B8C3-474D-8DE7-B1A427D471D2.png
    EDF44E8E-B8C3-474D-8DE7-B1A427D471D2.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 209

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
It would depend on the return.... honestly I'm down for any trade if it makes the team better now or for the future.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
If you were to package Rees and Ruzicka to get Rossi and a decent 2001 plus a couple 2nd round picks, would you be upset? Rossi is scary-good and would solve the issue we have right now about two imports from the same year.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Idk rees and Rossi are the same age and same size, I think rees would have more points playing in Ottawa. And on top of rees skill and speed , he has hard work, and tenacity which works well in playoffs. Idk just a guy I’d like to follow in to playoffs personally

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Don’t get me wrong, one can make a case that Rees is the best player on the Sting right now, and will only get better in the next couple years. Nobody would be more surprised than me if he were traded. I’m just saying that if the right return could be had, there’s nobody totally irreplaceable. I’d personally much rather see 19 & 20 year olds moved for younger players and high picks than I would want to see Rees traded.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I agree totally, I’d be fine with eliot and one of the imports traded for picks and younger players and then riding the team we have for the rest of the year.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Honestly Rees is all hype and injury prone. Trade him now for a kings ransom.
How is he all hype? We might not get a kings ransom for him... as you said he’s been hurt and is only projected to go in the 2nd round, probably won’t get a kings ransom

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
I think right now we could get something similar to what we gave up last year to get Dineen or if we wait and his hype dwindles we would get something along the lines of Pezetta/Ang depending on his production.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I think right now we could get something similar to what we gave up last year to get Dineen or if we wait and his hype dwindles we would get something along the lines of Pezetta/Ang depending on his production.
What makes you think this kid is so hyped up? I think sarnia people talk about hima lot because we see him play and like what we see. Other fans around the league don’t know much about him.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
God I hope sarnia doesn’t do this!

If this was even 25% true, Nick should be fired on the spot. If we wouldn't trade him last year, no reason to trade him this year. This team should be a great team in 2 seasons and he will be a big reason why. He will not be traded. Unless there is something going on off the ice with him.

Reactions: robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
If this was even 25% true, Nick should be fired on the spot. If we wouldn't trade him last year, no reason to trade him this year. This team should be a great team in 2 seasons and he will be a big reason why. He will not be traded. Unless there is something going on off the ice with him.
From what I’ve seen, he’s an extremely nice well-grounded young man. As well, idiots usually don’t make the World U-whatever teams.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
From what I’ve seen, he’s an extremely nice well-grounded young man. As well, idiots usually don’t make the World U-whatever teams.
Lol Jake Virtanen challenges that .... I am curious to see how Rees plays the final few months of the season. Would be nice to see him play the entire second half. He's easily a PPG player right now. Id project him and Perreault both to be close to 100 pt guys next year.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
It’s not looking good I’m hoping we get him for atleast 3 tho!

I know its very early in his career but i don't see him ranked for his NHL draft year. Usually guys liks Bob Mackenzie have these kids ranked a few years before their draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad