Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Really didn't expect a win today. What a performance by Langevin! Should be his net the rest of the way.
I believe langevin is the better goaltender, and that kid plays with as much heart as anyone in the league he never gives up on pucks, if he progresses like most players do each year he is going to be a very good goalie next year! Hopefully he gets more reliable defence next year

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
If i had to guess Sarnia will be finishing 7th and get SSMorSAG. Two teams were are super familiar with and have played fairly well. Prefer if it were SSM but SAG is on fire right now.

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
All Time Sarnia Sting team. Misspelled Heerema
Forwards.png
Defence.png
Goalies.png

Reactions: three dog night

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I think some guys got on only due to toughness (Chapman, Caprara), or being fan favourites (caprara)... Katic should easily be on the team over king, and Wilson should be there over Chapman, Connor Murphy is another guy I’d think about.

Last edited:

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
If you want to talk tough guys Dennis Maxwell is your man.Marco was tough but took a lot of hits much like Tie Domi & was never as dominate as Maxy !

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
A Sting win over the Soo would be huge for their playoff chances . With Erie’s loss on Friday to Kitchener it would open up a 7 point lead which would be tough for the Otters to make up with 5 games left .
At this stage just getting into the playoffs is the goal .

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
off topic but I'm seeing a lot of Brantford talk for relocation. I love this idea, I think Brantford would be a tremendous success. If it's Flint, toss Brantford in the Mid-west and London back into the West. I don't see any negatives in this scenario. If its Hamilton you could keep the divisions the same. Although, personally I would like to see Brantford in the Western conference due to Brantford minor hockey being in the Alliance vs London, Sarnia, Windsor, Kitchener ect.

Reactions: three dog night

massey

Sep 5, 2012
off topic but I'm seeing a lot of Brantford talk for relocation. I love this idea, I think Brantford would be a tremendous success. If it's Flint, toss Brantford in the Mid-west and London back into the West. I don't see any negatives in this scenario. If its Hamilton you could keep the divisions the same. Although, personally I would like to see Brantford in the Western conference due to Brantford minor hockey being in the Alliance vs London, Sarnia, Windsor, Kitchener ect.

What if it's Sarnia

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
There are a lot of team that would move before Sarnia.
Sarnia loses bad to the soo lastnight, and Windsor beats them today, very high possibility sarnia finishes in 9th... i can’t see them beating Saginaw tomorrow night, and when the games really matter and they are playing weaker teams they seem to choke hard... I hope they can prove me wrong and win 3 of their last 4.

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sarnia loses bad to the soo lastnight, and Windsor beats them today, very high possibility sarnia finishes in 9th... i can’t see them beating Saginaw tomorrow night, and when the games really matter and they are playing weaker teams they seem to choke hard... I hope they can prove me wrong and win 3 of their last 4.
Erie has Missy, Kitchener & Guelph twice. I think Sarnia is safe to make it. Just comes down to if it's 6th, 7th or 8th. Unfortunate this team threw away a handful of games earlier in the season or they could be right there for 5th.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Erie has Missy, Kitchener & Guelph twice. I think Sarnia is safe to make it. Just comes down to if it's 6th, 7th or 8th. Unfortunate this team threw away a handful of games earlier in the season or they could be right there for 5th.
Erie beat miss the the other night and it could easily happen again, I could see Guelph resting guys in the last two games because there position won’t change, sarnia has struggled with Windsor who is fighting for their lives and flint hasn’t been easy for sarnia and they will just be playing to be playoff killer

Reactions: The Howler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Beat Windsor in regulation Friday and that will lock up a playoff spot. Plain & simple.
Fail to beat Windsor will require at least 3 points from the Flint games.
No way Erie wins out - they’re not that good. (Neither are we or Windsor)
If our boys only get 2 points out of the remaining 4 games, they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs and I’m fine with getting a refund on my playoff tickets.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Flint is better than the record shows, so be careful. Windsor - will depend on how the goaltending performs. Sting will be in the playoffs.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Would be nice to have back some of the Hughes and Coffin masterpieces in the first couple months. We’d be looking at 5th place and Guelph as an opponent

Reactions: robp1219

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Would be nice to have back some of the Hughes and Coffin masterpieces in the first couple months. We’d be looking at 5th place and Guelph as an opponent

Would that be the .688 or .759 "masterpiece" by Coffin? I'll have what you're smoking apparently. We have two good goalies we need the team to buy into defence. There were so many missed assignments in the last game it's pitiful. Add to that the missed opportunities with guys unable to finish on some beauty feeds then there ya have it. In the defensive end we have 5 players eyeballing the puck rather than picking up a man and its costing us. Show me another team that leaves men open on the backdoor as much as we do? I'm looking forward to the last few season games. These kids can stand with the best of them when they all buy in. We've seen it before the trick will be getting them consistent.

Reactions: Stingland

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Would that be the .688 or .759 "masterpiece" by Coffin? I'll have what you're smoking apparently. We have two good goalies we need the team to buy into defence. There were so many missed assignments in the last game it's pitiful. Add to that the missed opportunities with guys unable to finish on some beauty feeds then there ya have it. In the defensive end we have 5 players eyeballing the puck rather than picking up a man and its costing us. Show me another team that leaves men open on the backdoor as much as we do? I'm looking forward to the last few season games. These kids can stand with the best of them when they all buy in. We've seen it before the trick will be getting them consistent.
Sarcasm ‘dangler, sarcasm... Those guys sucked the life out of what might have been an interesting team by giving up soft, momentum-killing goals on a regular basis.
Regarding defensive play, with the exception of a couple guys, we have some pretty young fellows playing some pretty big minutes on D, plus lots of forwards in their draft-eligible year or younger. They will be back for at least another year or two and be better two-way players.
And remember, our goalies are both young... Fazio still had a lot of improvement ahead of him at 17 and 18 years old. I expect both the current guys to get better.
Even with what we have, if the breaks go our way we can play with most of the best, but player-for-player there are many teams that are flat out better than the Sting. But that’s why the games are played, and why we buy tickets. Work hard, get a hot goalie, get a good bounce or two, you never know who wins the games.
4 games left; on paper should win 3 of them. Let’s see what this team’s made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad