Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I am a STH and I checked the suites last night and from sec 110, all suites were occupied and have been all year. the odd night there may be a couple but it appears to me they are full.
every game I've been to all the suites were filled. Im not sure where that is coming from tbh.

Reactions: The Howler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Really confused with how Sarnia is managing Langevin. Seems as tho they are using Lamour as the starter. Both goals tonight Lamour probably should of had.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Really confused with how Sarnia is managing Langevin. Seems as tho they are using Lamour as the starter. Both goals tonight Lamour probably should of had.

Have to agree.Langevin tonight and Lamour or Langevin tommorrow.Confused

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I haven't checked the standing in awhile but, holy Sarnia draft position is improving daily.. A potential top 5-8 pick coming it looks like.

Sarnia should end up drafting 12th to 15th with the talent on this team.Looks like the team is heading in the wrong direction (again)

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sarnia should end up drafting 12th to 15th with the talent on this team.Looks like the team is heading in the wrong direction (again)
They have two very inexperienced goalies one is a first year rookie, very young defence core, and they sold salinitri fairly early into the season and ruzicka at the deadline, not sure how you could possibly think they could be drafting at 15 lol... and it’s a sell year and two of our better forwards are 02 and 01 born players, the rookie goaltender shows promise and the 01 group on defence looks solid for second year players, so not sure it’s going in the wrong direction

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I thought for awhile they could come 5th but knew more than likely they'd be 6th. Unfortunately this recent stretch has made 6th even look unlikely. Hopefully once McGregor returns things turn around a bit.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I haven't checked the standing in awhile but, holy Sarnia draft position is improving daily.. A potential top 5-8 pick coming it looks like.
At this point I’d guess there’s a good chance Kitchener will pass us in the standings and we will draft 6th. In the import draft, CHL goes second this year, which translates to the Sting going 17th overall (and mid 70’s for their second pick, assuming Hugo is gone)
Meanwhile the rest of the season is all about ice time in critical situations for the young guys who are expected to contribute next year

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I thought for awhile they could come 5th but knew more than likely they'd be 6th. Unfortunately this recent stretch has made 6th even look unlikely. Hopefully once McGregor returns things turn around a bit.
What position are the sting targeting in the draft? Ive never been a fan of drafting dmen high in the draft but, the Sting defence is garbage.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
What position are the sting targeting in the draft? Ive never been a fan of drafting dmen high in the draft but, the Sting defence is garbage.
I agree, maybe use an import pick on a dman? You’d think Hatcher being a solid tough stay at home defenceman and legwand being known for being a responsible two way forward this team would be coached well in the defensive zone

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I agree, maybe use an import pick on a dman? You’d think Hatcher being a solid tough stay at home defenceman and legwand being known for being a responsible two way forward this team would be coached well in the defensive zone
In their defence, anyone could be coaching this group and they wouldn't be very good in the dzone. That game vs PTBO it honestly looked like they weren't even trying. Grima is the worst. I get they sold some guys but man the sting have been the most disappointing team the past month or so.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
In their defence, anyone could be coaching this group and they wouldn't be very good in the dzone. That game vs PTBO it honestly looked like they weren't even trying. Grima is the worst. I get they sold some guys but man the sting have been the most disappointing team the past month or so.
they really missed K Hatcher on Saturday/Sunday.
Also, Grima is absolutely lackadaisical with the puck. He thinks he is a puck mover, when actually he just needs to get it up to a forward. No way he’s back for a OA year (I hope)

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ya grima thinks he’s a lot better than he is, no way he’s back (mcgregor,josling,Hatcher) is what I’m hoping for...I’m still impressed by reesor and I was at the game vs Erie and Kammerer looked great and watched a bit of the Sunday game and thought he looked good, didn’t watch the Peterborough game at all... hogue is god aweful idc how much offensive potential he has, his defensive side of the game is absolutely embarrassing and I don’t think he will improve enough on that side of the puck.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
they really missed K Hatcher on Saturday/Sunday.
Also, Grima is absolutely lackadaisical with the puck. He thinks he is a puck mover, when actually he just needs to get it up to a forward. No way he’s back for a OA year (I hope)
betcha never thought you'd be saying that two years ago..

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Actually I’ve always
betcha never thought you'd be saying that two years ago..
been a big fan of his. Knows his own limitations and keeps his game simple. People expected him to be top 4 or something as a rookie, but he was just a rookie. Last year better than the year before, and this year even better. He had terrible hands but has gotten better with each year. Never joined the rush until this year but has shown himself as quite ready to do so. Has always been one of the guys on the pk even as a rookie. That’s a tough assignment but he’s been pretty good at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: davewheeler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Speaking of Hatcher, did he hurt himself in the fight on Friday? I don’t recall seeing him after that. He wouldn’t have been suspended for multiple fights since he was “instigated upon” on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad