Sarnia Sting 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingfan1989

Jan 8, 2016
Can't see Hounds playing two back to back games that bad.

Essar Centre gonna be rumbling, whoever gets the first goal in this game is gonna take control for the entire game in my opinion.

Gonna be interesting!!!!

https://twitter.com/HoundsInsider/status/716639471484030976

Essar Centre crowd gonna be biting their fingernails ;) I've got a feeling the Sting have found their game.

Should be a great one to watch! Let's bring it back to Sarnia! GO STING GO!!!

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
Essar Centre crowd gonna be biting their fingernails ;) I've got a feeling the Sting have found their game.

Should be a great one to watch! Let's bring it back to Sarnia! GO STING GO!!!

I wouldn't say that...that game looked just like game 3..ssm was tired and couldn't find legs, the bounce back game happened to be an SSM win.

Gonna be interesting.

stingfan1989

Jan 8, 2016
I wouldn't say that...that game looked just like game 3..ssm was tired and couldn't find legs, the bounce back game happened to be an SSM win.

Gonna be interesting.

To be fair I think Sarnia would be just as tired after the 2nd OT game.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Can't see Hounds playing two back to back games that bad.

Essar Centre gonna be rumbling, whoever gets the first goal in this game is gonna take control for the entire game in my opinion.

Gonna be interesting!!!!

https://twitter.com/HoundsInsider/status/716639471484030976

If the Soo lose tonight the series is over. The Sting have been the better team the last 3 games and the momentum is building. The Sting must continue to play sound defensively for this to continue and they need to play with more discipline as the refs aren't going to do them any favours.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Congrats Sting.exc game.Hats off to Zacha for playing a smart game.Great hustle.exc discipline game.Good game on Shaw tv.Kyrou gotta stop flopping on the ice like a fish out of water then whining to ref. see u Tuesday night for all the marbles

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Congrats Sting.exc game.Hats off to Zacha for playing a smart game.Great hustle.exc discipline game.Good game on Shaw tv.Kyrou gotta stop flopping on the ice like a fish out of water then whining to ref. see u Tuesday night for all the marbles

See you Tuesday. Hopefully we have a somewhat decent showing. Tonight was embarrassing, especially late.

nothome

Jan 10, 2016
Sarnia
It was nice to see them play the way they did before the playoff s. It was a good alround effort. Zacka played a nice game tonight, nice effort he was on a mission. See you Tuesday night . Go Sting go.:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Kudos to the Sting for a great effort tonight and sticking with the game plan.The Hounds generated very little in ways of scoring chances as the defensive game was very good for the fourth game in a row.

Despite some questionable penalties early in the series ( which he definitely should have been benched for ) Pavel Zacha has been a one man wrecking crew. He's been a man among boys out there. The Hounds don't seem to have found an answer for him.Chychrun also has played really well since game 3. Looks like the whole team has settled down after the first two games and have been playing like they did in the regular season since then when they had one of the best records in the CHL.

Gotta say I really like the Soo broadcast team on the tv broadcast. Out of all of the broadcast crews across the O these guys are the most objective.Bill Montague has a reputation of being like a Don Cherry and very opinionated but IMO he's very fair. He's almost an anti homer. You can't say that about a lot of the old time broadcasters. Being a fellow small market team who get the short end of the stick you can identify with these guys but
they go out of their way not to be homers. I think the same thing could be said about Terry Doyle and Barry Wright. Would never confuse these telecasts with watching a Kitchener game.

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Kudos to the Sting for a great effort tonight and sticking with the game plan.The Hounds generated very little in ways of scoring chances as the defensive game was very good for the fourth game in a row.

Despite some questionable penalties early in the series ( which he definitely should have been benched for ) Pavel Zacha has been a one man wrecking crew. He's been a man among boys out there. The Hounds don't seem to have found an answer for him.Chychrun also has played really well since game 3. Looks like the whole team has settled down after the first two games and have been playing like they did in the regular season since then when they had one of the best records in the CHL.

Gotta say I really like the Soo broadcast team on the tv broadcast. Out of all of the broadcast crews across the O these guys are the most objective.Bill Montague has a reputation of being like a Don Cherry and very opinionated but IMO he's very fair. He's almost an anti homer. You can't say that about a lot of the old time broadcasters. Being a fellow small market team who get the short end of the stick you can identify with these guys but
they go out of their way not to be homers. I think the same thing could be said about Terry Doyle and Barry Wright. Would never confuse these telecasts with watching a Kitchener game.

Now if only we could get HD up here. lol. They get a lot of crap but they're IMO one of the better crews in the league. Some of them just make me cringe. Like the London guy who drags words out? We only played them once in Hamilton but I remember the Bulldogs guys being pretty interesting too.

If it plays out that way I'll be cheering for you guys against London. Nothing about that team I like. But at least you'll be on Sportsnet I guess.

Schlerk

Aug 31, 2013
Sarnia

Ya agreed...when Zacha puts his mind to it, holy crap,, a tour de force or what? Soo announcers on Shaw are thoroughly enjoyable, agree there too. Lots of excellent commentary on Sting guys and pretty balanced realistically based commentary all round - especially given what you get from some of the other commentators and callers around the rinks.

That said ... thought I'd see more seats filled up there in the Soo last night..... oh well..anyway, lets pack the place here tomorrow..go stingers go..

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
I haven't seen him play a ton this year but watching the highlights he looks like a beast. Any chance Zacha makes the jump to the NHL next year on a depleted New Jersey Devils forward squad?

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Sounds like Sting tix getting scarce.Had a buddy this am trying to get tix.Soo crowd was disappointing last night for sure.Yes announcers did a decent job for sure.Question about Zacha making the big leagues next year??.Depends which Zacha shows up.If it is the beast he was last night that shows up to tryouts,then an excellent chance but if it is the lamb that shows up sometimes,no way. Good luck tomorrow night Sting.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Looking forward to a sold out crowd tomorrow night at the hive! The place will be buzzin that's for sure!

Good to see the boys playing like they were a few weeks ago. Big props to Zacha and Chychrun for really stepping up the last 4 games. Zacha has looked like a complete beast. Still a few undisciplined penalties but he has more then made up for it with his production. Hopefully he keeps it up. He;s one of the best players in this league when he's on his game.

This series has been wild, don't think many expected it to turn out the way it has thus far. Complete the come back tomorrow night boys!! Go Sting!

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Looking forward to a sold out crowd tomorrow night at the hive! The place will be buzzin that's for sure!

Good to see the boys playing like they were a few weeks ago. Big props to Zacha and Chychrun for really stepping up the last 4 games. Zacha has looked like a complete beast. Still a few undisciplined penalties but he has more then made up for it with his production. Hopefully he keeps it up. He;s one of the best players in this league when he's on his game.

This series has been wild, don't think many expected it to turn out the way it has thus far. Complete the come back tomorrow night boys!! Go Sting!

If the Sting can get up early by getting a couple of goals I think they can deliver the knockout punch to the Hounds. The Soo haven't reacted well the last few games once they fell behind. The Sting also need to keep playing good team defence. That has been the major change since the first two games of the series where the Sting team defence and goaltending was terrible.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Man I feel for ya Sarnia. What has to give. How often can you go big at the deadline and not make it out of round 1 or 2. I can't recall but seems this has happened a few times for Sarnia. Maybe that's it, does it need to be a team for more than the last half of the year to go deep? I think that might be it. Too much change, not enough time for chemistry.

Obviously the loss of Konecney (sp?) was a big hit and a difference maker.

DavelPatsyuk13

Oct 10, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Credit to you guys for a hell of a series, I know you were the favorite but still. It was really close. Also a really fun series to watch, had a lot of good games. Game 4 in the Soo (at times) was one of the best games I've seen at the Essar in a while. Whole thing was an emotional roller coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad