Sarnia Sting 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I didn't see anything out of the normal realm of a game. I also didn't see the elbow at game speed because my angle doesn't facilitate me viewing head on plays like that(I'm on the end up high). Having viewed it on video..it was viscious..and I'm not just saying this because it happened to a Knights player. I'd like to see the league be more harsh with these types of incidents and really send a message. I was a blatant attempt to injure...and that total BS crap needs to be entirely removed from the game.

a body check, or a fight, one thing those blind side hits to the head… need to be outlawed…White in Sarnia had the same thing happen to him, wasn't on film so no one could dispute it

a body check, or a fight, one thing those blind side hits to the head… need to be outlawed…White in Sarnia had the same thing happen to him, wasn't on film so no one could dispute it

I am totally ok with plays that "happen" in games. Unfortunate plays that may or may not result in injury..but are "hockey plays". Blatantly elbowing an unsuspecting opposition player in the jaw..or anywhere in the head area is a BS move. No other way to describe it. It doesn't matter the jersey either...I hold that opinion of any player who resorts to crap like that. I hope White is OK...I like what the kid brings to the table.

EasternOntario Fan

Mar 21, 2012
I am totally ok with plays that "happen" in games. Unfortunate plays that may or may not result in injury..but are "hockey plays". Blatantly elbowing an unsuspecting opposition player in the jaw..or anywhere in the head area is a BS move. No other way to describe it. It doesn't matter the jersey either...I hold that opinion of any player who resorts to crap like that. I hope White is OK...I like what the kid brings to the table.

I think reference to White was last year---but he did miss two thirds of the year and a lot of training time----and it was too bad it wasn't caught on tape as I think there would have been a huge suspension. Best of luck to Sarnia this year---too bad Peski didn't go there.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I am guessing Troy Lajeunesse who has been impressive or winger Chase Campbell
Lajeunesse is 17 and Campbell is 16

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Chase Campbell made his Junior B debut today and came away with a 3 point game.

Bradley Belisle was a high Sting pick that could be close to signing.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Chase Campbell made his Junior B debut today and came away with a 3 point game.

Bradley Belisle was a high Sting pick that could be close to signing.

Chase Campbell impressed me the most in training camp.Small body but was fast,good hockey sense and played big for his size.Also dropped down to block some shots.As much as I dont like that in training camp he was impressive.Was sorry to see him go.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Chase Campbell impressed me the most in training camp.Small body but was fast,good hockey sense and played big for his size.Also dropped down to block some shots.As much as I dont like that in training camp he was impressive.Was sorry to see him go.

Don't be sorry. He'll be a big part of the team starting next year. A year in Jr B will only make him a better player.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
are we saying Renaud has a bad game and he is now third line or below, and Troy boy won't make it? Hmmmmm that would confound the solutions. Nothing will change if nothing changes. So where does that leave the likes of Matteo, White, Nickandrov? do like Kyrou and once he gets a feeling for a faster game, both he and Chyrchruyn will be excellent players. Does anyone thing the 2 russians are resting on their laurels. Might be time to let go of their jocks and pull up the socks.

Kyrou was under-rated I believe last year. He was arguably the best playmaker in the OHL draft, phenomenal imagination.

Chychrun is a great player. I think his offensive hockey IQ is not as strong as his defensive IQ. The only time Chychrun ever put himself into danger in minor midget was when he pinched, got deep into the zone and from my perspective, made poor reads or decisions. I like his game as a mobile, strong, gritty, Defense first type of guy with a big shot. Thats one thing I really want to look at though....is what he consistently does when he pinches, the timing , how safe it was, how much danger it caused the other team or his own team... etc, etc. From what I saw last year, it needed some work, the end result of his pinches.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
heard on weekend he wanted out of London great person
gives everything each shift stick up for team mates
he would be a super captain of the sting

Sure Wylechka and Matt C would make great line mates. So he goes to London for….?
He is an OA correct?
if chapman has a concussion, it might be double digits now…
And one other thing, about the White injury, yes was last year… in December or January against Plymouth…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad