Sandin Better Stay

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
will he be our first "holy cow what a steal" pick in decades?

he very well might be.

Yeah he is right! After getting Barrie and we thought to a lesser extent Cici ( who looks freaking great) then this level of play from Sandin and Marincin looking like a new man, this defense looks real strong.

Rielly/Cici
Muzzy/Barrie
Sandin/Marincin
Gravel until Dermott returns. Thats strong ;)

Reactions: Menzinger

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Lol kaberle’s problem was he never shot the puck

That’s what I meant lol. Worded very poorly on my part. Kaberle had a great shot but didn’t use it enough 100%. Sandin is always scared to shoot.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Likely the best non top 10 Leafs draft pick since what, Rask?

Getting stars from later in the draft is fling to be key to helping push this team towards a cup

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
Yeah he is right! After getting Barrie and we thought to a lesser extent Cici ( who looks freaking great) then this level of play from Sandin and Marincin looking like a new man, this defense looks real strong.

Rielly/Cici
Muzzy/Barrie
Sandin/Marincin
Gravel until Dermott returns. Thats strong ;)

"Marincin looking like a new man", what are you some sort of bloody comedian? Lol

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm fine with Sandin playing for the Marlies this year.

Due to the unprecedented dramatic overpayments of our young stars, cap management is the utmost priority. Sandin comes in next year (the year where only 1 defenceman is under contract at the moment) as a superior player, and we have 3 elc years of him.

The leafs need to think long term. Not short. Thinking short term all of the time is what's made the franchise the joke of all north American professional sports.

If he's ready, he's ready

We're in a cup window and if he's one of our best 6 defenseman he should play, if he struggles you can send him down but as of now there is no argument he's not at least the 5th best defenseman on the ice right now and it's not close

If he's good enough he's old enough

Reactions: weems

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I'm fine with Sandin playing for the Marlies this year.

Due to the unprecedented dramatic overpayments of our young stars, cap management is the utmost priority. Sandin comes in next year (the year where only 1 defenceman is under contract at the moment) as a superior player, and we have 3 elc years of him.

The leafs need to think long term. Not short. Thinking short term all of the time is what's made the franchise the joke of all north American professional sports.

It’s hard to agree with this line of thinking.

Yes, cap management is important. Dressing the best possible team every year that this team is contending, is even more important.

If Sandin is one of this organization’s 6 best defenseman, then he should be on the ice for the Leafs. Playing him this year may be the absolute best thing for his development, which will help this team be even better in future years which is both short and long term thinking.

Who knows how long our window to win is. Every year should be an attempt to win it all. Icing the best possible lineup every season should be the top consideration.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Light years better than Percy

The people comparing him to Stuart Percy must be living on the memory of Percy's scouting report.

He never had anything close to Sandin's vision, skating ability, or physical edge.

The only thing they both have is poise with the puck - the different is Sandin actually turns that poise into opportunity.

The player he reminds me of is a young Roman Josi. Hopefully his development brings him close to that kind of player.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
The people comparing him to Stuart Percy must be living on the memory of Percy's scouting report.

He never had anything close to Sandin's vision, skating ability, or physical edge.

The only thing they both have is poise with the puck - the different is Sandin actually turns that poise into opportunity.

The player he reminds me of is a young Roman Josi. Hopefully his development brings him close to that kind of player.

I'd go as far as to say Sandin has had the best pre season of every leaf. Not counting our skilled vets. Hes looking amazing

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sandin looks so good, its a shame to think he is only going to be getting 3rd pair minutes. I think Babcock likes him enough to bump him up the lineup. If Sandin is making literally every right decision, how can u not put him out there more. Sandin has the upside of Morgan Reilly or higher. He was the most interesting player to watch in the preseason, the little things he does are unreal. That one touch pass off the wall last night was insane. Dermott is below him on the depth chart already, Sandin's IQ and how that shows itself thru intuition , game feel, decision making, deception, is off the charts.

Reactions: 93WrapAround

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Sandin will takeover for Reilly and make him expendable by the end of his present contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad