GDT: San Jose vs. Minnesota | 7:00 PM | Emergency GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipchecks

#MakeStaalGreatAgain
Mar 3, 2015
Minnesota
Negativity from the media is the least of this team's problem, Zach. Don't know why a team who lost 4 straight games playing some terrible hockey would be exempt from criticism.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Wild's last 4 games:

3-2 L to Ottawa (out of playoff contention)
3-2 L to Detroit (fighting for playoff lives)
5-1 L to Winnipeg (been out of playoff contention for weeks)
3-0 L to San Jose (a ****ing shutout)

I'd say that criticism is well deserved. It's only been getting worse as the streak goes on too. Seeing as we had chances to clinch in 3/4 of these games, it's well deserved.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Pathetic. I'm usually pretty positive with this team, but I don't even know anymore. It just doesn't look like the next step is coming anytime soon.

And it's easy to overreact and overlook the fact that we just had a 6 game winning streak, but we all know the streakiness has gone on for years and is mostly just a facade. Expecting a 5 game exit to St. Louis or Dallas.

Billy Mays Here*

Bunch of crybabies. "Waahhhh, stop being critical of us, WAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" Don't worry though Zach, Mikko and co. the criticism will be far more severe when you guys get ousted early yet again, especially if guys like Mikko and Pominville refuse to show up in the playoffs once again.

spreadking

Oct 3, 2013
The Burbs
Graff is spot on...Gorg had the knee pads on along with a bib during the 2nd intermission, who was he interviewing Coyle I think? "well no goals but it seems things are looking positive lately for you guys" or something similar...my jaw dropped, a 1 period away from a 4 game losing streak and things are looking up? ok Gorgy :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
87 points and playoff spot clinched.. It must be the lowest in who knows how many years right?

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
87 points and playoff spot clinched.. It must be the lowest in who knows how many years right?

87 points last season would have been 12th in the West. LA missed with 95 points, the same # of points they had when they won the cup in 2012.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
That was a weak one, once again. Parise, Koivu, Granny, Coyle, Haula, Nino, Zucker, everyone have turned into non-threatening dump and chase 4th liners. Poor passing, poor decisions, no possession whatsoever. Yeah many of them must be playing through the injuries at this time, but. Had to fast forward quite a bit when watched the game. It didn't look very nice.

Well, thanks Avs. Playoffs are a good thing. But a lot need to happen (in a relatively short time) that we (fans) can actually enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, 4 playoffs in 4 years is great. Compared what it used to be with this team. It just doesn't taste as sweet as it could. I'm worried.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Well.............................................................................thank goodness there is no 3 on 3 overtime in the postseason. :sarcasm:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN

Since 2010. Both the Flyers and Habs made the playoffs with 88 points. We could either get 89, 88, or stay at 87. We will be the first team in 6 years to make the playoffs with less than 90 points. :facepalm:

The last time that happened before 2010 was in 2003. Boston and NYI made it with 87 and 83 respectively.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So the players are complaining that the fans and the media are upset with the fact that they just dropped 4 games in a row.

Yeah I don't like our chances in the playoffs if that's their fragile mindset. The Stars are likely to destroy us. If it's the Blues, who the hell knows.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah guys, why are you all so negative about a team that has lost four straight games at the end of the season, has not held a lead in any of those four games, just got shutout at home and has basically made the playoffs because they sucked SLIGHTLY LESS than the 9th place team?

There's nothing but positives to be taken from all of that!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Since 2010. Both the Flyers and Habs made the playoffs with 88 points. We could either get 89, 88, or stay at 87. We will be the first team in 6 years to make the playoffs with less than 90 points. :facepalm:

The last time that happened before 2010 was in 2003. Boston and NYI made it with 87 and 83 respectively.

Yeah, but how long since it's been done in the west? Might have to add on quite a few years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad