GDT: San Jose vs. Minnesota | 7:00 PM | Emergency GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Well, so we're happy right? We have earned the chance to compete for the cup. No matter how hard we have tried to deny ourselves that chance, we might as well make the most of it now.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well, so we're happy right? We have earned the chance to compete for the cup. No matter how hard we have tried to deny ourselves that chance, we might as well make the most of it now.

For some reason I just can't get myself as excited as the last few years. I haven't even started on a playoff wallpaper I usually make for myself. This team is just so maddeningly inconsistent that I could see them doing anything from sweeping the Stars to getting swept themselves.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Not sure if I've been this disappointed about making the playoffs before. Not that i wish we weren't in it, but what a crappy way to get in, on a 4 game losing streak.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
#FireFletcher - I mean if this is how we are going to end the season. Fire Fletcher and gives the team a LOT longer to conduct a new GM search and some soul searching. If we get past the first round, awesome.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We chicken-$!#@ed our way into the postseason. And they played like that was exactly what they wanted to do. We are going to get throttled in the playoffs.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
For some reason I just can't get myself as excited as the last few years. I haven't even started on a playoff wallpaper I usually make for myself. This team is just so maddeningly inconsistent that I could see them doing anything from sweeping the Stars to getting swept themselves.

Indeed. I don't see how we could instill confidence in even the most positive, it's always sunny in the Twin Cities kind of fans.

But still we hope for the best.

Billy Mays Here*

"We made the playoffs, all is well again."

We get booted out in five games via the Stars, no player changes come in the off-season, Fletcher will boast how we're still so close to getting that cup, Fletcher gets an extension, Torch becomes head coach via a big contract, Leipold writes the fans a letter saying how great we are and thanking us for supporting another "successful" Wild season, and the fans line up to waste more money on this mediocre team next season. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I will admit, if we somehow beat them, it will be rather thrilling. Would be a series win we've been dreaming of since the Wild's creation.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I really feel like we're going to look pretty good in the playoffs. Just because everyone (including us) will be just chalking up a series loss already... haha

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

We BACKED into the playoffs. At this point, a coaching change did very little to shake up the culture of this team. We had to have Colorado LOSE OUT for the Wild to make the playoffs. Same crap, different year. At least this year, it didn't come down to the last game.

I'd be pissed if I was Leipold on how this team is competing.

This team should be a TOP 3 team in the West. Easily.

And yet they play like they rather be golfing. They had four chances to clinch, and pissed them away.

What have they done in the past 5 years?

Signed Havlat, traded Burns (who would be the leading scorer on Minnesota) for Setoguchi, Coyle, traded for Heatley, signed Pominville, signed Vanek, traded for Moulsen, Stewart, Kobasew, and God knows who else and yet we are still struggling to produce goals.

We have fired two coaches.

We have one player that has hit 25 goals this season.

This team plays like they want to lose.

At best we're San Jose, we make the playoffs but fail to do anything. And keep spinning our wheels and getting no where.

Our scouting has been horrendous.

Our development just about as good.

We changed players, coaches and yet we get the same damn results.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Well we didn't win tonight but we're still in the playoffs. I don't care how it happened, I'm very very excited! Playoff hockey is so great! Anything can happen in the second season, go Wild baby! Now I just need those damn Bruins to get in and it will be perfect.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
"We made the playoffs, all is well again."

We get booted out in five games via the Stars, no player changes come in the off-season, Fletcher will boast how we're still so close to getting that cup, Fletcher gets an extension, Torch becomes head coach via a big contract, Leipold writes the fans a letter saying how great we are and thanking us for supporting another "successful" Wild season, and the fans line up to waste more money on this mediocre team next season. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

This here.

We get into the 2nd round. We tout our success. Next year, we go into the season. Have a mid-year swoon. Have a late year swoon. People panic and then we scrape into the playoffs. We rejoice. And then we repeat.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
I think the Wild better hope they play Dallas because I think St. Louis would remember what happened last year and beat us 4-1 or 4-0.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'm so over the pissing and moaning. I'm going into every single one of our 16-28 games this postseason with optimism. This is the best time of the year coming up! NCAA Frozen Four this weekend and NHL playoffs next week. Many good things coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad